by Masterralphy55
Naruto VS
A New Original Naruto Fighting game!
ID:198877

BYOND Version:493
Operating System:Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit
Web Browser:Chrome 16.0.912.75
Applies to:Dream Seeker

Issue hasn't been assigned a status value.
Descriptive Problem Summary:
This bug is also known as the "Invincible Bug".

This is where a player either Logs in or Relogs right before a new match refreshes the player list and logs in as a spectator yet is chosen as a player, and when the match starts, the other player can literally walk through them and cannot attack them while the bugged player can attack the other player.

This bug is only a one-match duration, and after the match is over, any other matches they will do will not have the bug in effect, and if they relog again, they cannot access the bug until above conditions are met.

Numbered Steps to Reproduce Problem:

1) Wait for a match to end.
2) Relog
3) Choose a character
4) INVINCIBILITY

Expected Results:

Both players have a density of one and can attack each other.

Actual Results:

One player is invincible with zero density.

Does the problem occur:
Every time? Or how often? Every time.
In other games? Not unless they stole your code, Bravo.
In other user accounts? Of course.
On other computers? YES.

When does the problem NOT occur?

When the person doesn't log in at that inconvenient timing.

Did the problem NOT occur in any earlier versions? If so, what was the last version that worked? Before you added Jiraiya

Workarounds:

Have them relog.
Hmmm, I'll have the game set all relative variables for the players as they're doing their starting animations. This should solve the timing issue.

There's not much you can do with timing when there's a lot of spawn() procs running at once.
In response to Bravo1
You could also make it so that someone isn't picked for the first five seconds of their login.

So just set a variable called Justlogged or something and set it to 0 and make it +1 until it becomes 5 or make it 5 and do -1 until it's 0 and then when they logout just reset it.

Then you could make the list randomly select and an if() statement.
If I made it that way then people wouldn't be chosen as players when they log into an empty server.
In response to Bravo1
Then have it a less number?

You could also have it detect how many players and have it set auto if there's less than 2 players.
I could do all that, or I could just add a few variable changes to a prexisting procs, instead of adding like 6 if() checks >_>
In response to Bravo1
Do whatever will work.