ID:1989647

(See the best response by DarkCampainger.)
So, I launch BYOND, then I find a place I wanna go. I click join and... BYOND just sits there, and doesn't respond.

No error given or anything.

Same with trying to run creations in dream maker, no error, just stops responding.

Someone please help!

Please attempt to answer this quickly! If any information that is needed to answer the question is not given, ask about it.

I'm using windows 7, and have tried the zip and install versions of BYOND, same things happen.
Although I did not use the zip version of dream maker.
Best response
Hi Ziggoid,

If this just started happening after updating, you may have run into a known issue with version 509.1315.

If you are running 1315, according to that thread downgrading to 1313 may fix your problem.

You can find older 509.xxxx builds here:
http://www.byond.com/download/build/509/

If that does solve it, considering chiming in on the above thread with your machine and OS specs. Lummox JR could also use some help debugging the issue, if you're familiar with debugging applications.
In response to DarkCampainger
Thank you! Will do, wow, that was fast, these forums are awesome!
Well, downgrading to 1313 did not work. At least, the install did not.
Please follow the steps outlined in the bug report, to get a stack trace on the stuck Dream Seeker process. I want to solve this issue as soon as possible.
In response to Lummox JR
Lummox JR wrote:
Please follow the steps outlined in the bug report, to get a stack trace on the stuck Dream Seeker process. I want to solve this issue as soon as possible.

Thanks!