ID:1990439

Applies to:Dream Maker

Issue hasn't been assigned a status value.
Really not sure on the feasibility of this, and animate() isn't precisely what I meant, but the ability to, again I apologise for my lack of terminology, interpolate different bounding boxes?

Terrible explaination.

Ok so with animate() you can modify something's icon, you can scale it, rotate it, skew it. The ability to do those things with bounding boxes would be incredibly useful.

Again, really unsure on feasibility, but would be fantastic and at least worth a response!
I'd imagine moving from rectangle bounding boxes to other shapes would be a giant pain in the butt. It would be really awesome to be able to do though!
The ability to scale, rotate, translate, and skew appearances is a feature of transform, not animate().

Interpolation between bounding boxes means a transition (usually over a noticeable period of time) from one shape to another. Interpolation is all animate() does.

As for what's been done about non-axis-aligned bounding shapes:

Hobnob has a tutorial on vectors that involves checking if a point is inside a polygon.

Bravo1 and I have done a bit of work implementing the separating axis theorem to detect collisions between convex polygons.

Mightymo made Box2D work in DM and it looks pretty cool.