ID:1990507

Applies to:DM Language

Issue hasn't been assigned a status value.
I've been toying around with lowering tick_lag to provide smoother look but I want movement to remain the same, exactly the same.

In theory I should be able to control most of the functionality the same via sleep and spawns, there's no reason for AI for example to run faster just because tick lag is lower.

The biggest problem I've encountered is reducing movement speed to one tile a tick, I want to keep the default behavior and not miss any key clicks as it would when tick lag is 1 without any insane long while loops going over key downs and ups, those might work in pixel movement but they don't work for me.

Setting the rate at which a verb can repeat solves this issue, when moving I don't need people who press down once to move 5 times as they do now.
You can easily accomplish this via code, and I do it regularly, just have a counter on the verb which prevents it from executing and decrement the counter every tick.
Please send me an example, I've toyed with it for over 5 hours without achieving anything that feels as comfortable as I want it to be.

What you wrote doesn't sound very different from my many attempts.

Basically if I clicked x series of keys and it failed it execute to perfection, it's not good enough.

EDIT: "prevent it from executing" will often result in inaccuracy of some intentional keys that will not execute, it's exactly what I want to avoid.