ID:1991371

Okay, so I didn't know where else I could have posted this(Classifieds?) so I have posted this here.

I have a lot of old artwork now, that I am selling to anyone who is willing to buy them, at super low/affordable prices. I have base(s), trees, tilesets, cliffs, random things, few NPCs, Market Stalls, you name it! Most of the things are from my old game's remake - Fight of Elements if anyone remembers it.

Here is a video of all the artwork that I am willing to sell:

PM me if you are interested :)
Will you be reselling items that you already sold to other people? We need to make this clear on BYOND after what Ishuri was doing.
In response to Ganite
Ganite wrote:
Will you be reselling items that you already sold to other people? We need to make this clear on BYOND after what Ishuri was doing.

I like how people continue to make claims of me reselling art without actual proof.
In response to Ganite
Ganite wrote:
There was nothing wrong if he did resell the art to multiple people its not like anyone on byond actually finishes anything.
In response to Southend_boi
It makes a huge difference in price, it's not like its illegal to resell shit that you made, but the price should definitely be lower if that's the case
tree fiddy
In response to Ganite
Ganite wrote:

I am well aware of what to do and what not to do bro hehe. I have no rights to sell art that others had paid me for. Once item is made for someone and they have paid for it, the artwork is theirs, and I have no rights over them.

The artwork in video are completely mine and from project that never could be published - Fight of Elements' remake, as already mentioned :)
The Grass tileset from Project Shatru are not available any more. Exploshun is now the owner :)
In response to Southend_boi
Southend_boi wrote:
Ganite wrote:
There was nothing wrong if he did resell the art to multiple people its not like anyone on byond actually finishes anything.

Actually, you're wrong. If it's stated in the terms before-hand the terms need to be upheld regardless of if anything is released or not.

If I state that in the terms and never plan to use any of it, those terms are still valid. Thanks for stating this though, now everyone knows to steer clear of any arrangements made with you. I'm absolutely disgusted that such a talented artist would say something so low and immoral.

@Ganite, supply proof please or stop the slander.
Well, in my case I paid 500$ for exclusive rights to all of the assets for Spirit Age. The art shall not be redistributed or resold. I retain full rights to use, modify, and redistribute all of said assets. To me this is not unreasonable, and regardless of how much you pay all terms should be upheld if agreed upon by both parties beforehand. Regardless of if a project containing the art sees the light.
In response to Lavenblade
Remember how I fairly often shy people away from Southend_boi whenever they ask about commissioning him?

Welcome to why. His skewed opinions on how copyright law works makes him such a bad bet.
I wish the standards on BYOND were higher, Rushnut. :(
Lavenblade wrote:
I wish the standards on BYOND were higher, Rushnut. :(

Welcome to the real problem with BYOND. Not the anime games, not the forum drama, not the engine issues, but simply the low standards of the community and how we've come to accept them.

Stay excellent.
Southend_boi wrote:
i haven't accepted paid jobs in a year or 2 so anyone asking you about me just nicely tell them they can't afford me...

ARE YOU OVERPRIVALIDGED?

DO YOU FIND THE WEIGHT OF THAT MONEY IN YOUR POCKETS TO BE JUST TOO MUCH TO BARE?

WELL BOY DO I HAVE AN OFFER FOR YOU.

YOU, YES, YOU, CAN PURCHASE MY SUB-SUB-AVERAGE ART FOR PRICES FOUR TIMES WHAT IT'S WORTH.

THAT'S RIGHT, LOW QUALITY PIXEL ART FOR EXTORTIONATE PRICE COULD BE WELL WITHIN YOUR GRASP TODAY.

BUT WAIT!

THERE'S MORE!

DUE TO A LACK OF UNDERSTANDING OF COPYRIGHT LAW, NOT ONLY WILL I SELL YOU MY LOW QUALITY ART FOR HILARIOUS RATES, I'LL EVEN ONLY SELL YOU A LICENCE TO USE THEM, AND SELL THEM TO OTHER PEOPLE, FOR NO EXTRA DISCOUNT.

IT'S TRULY ALL THE BENEFITS OF THROWING AWAY MONEY, EXCEPT I GET PAID!

Terms and conditions non negotiable.
Ah yeah but you see, I get what I paid for, in that I paid nothing.
Yyyyyeaaah.... because being a programmer and using placeholder art until I have a stable release ready then paying for an actual real artist is considered bad practice?

But wait, that's wrong, lol.
I actually feel bad if you paid for the spirit age art from someone who didnt even make it and from someone who handed it out willy nilly to his friends
From what I understand him and Zane were both trying to sell it.

The art being handed out previously makes no difference, art is easily ripped from games as is.

I'm just taking the legal route to gaining rights to said assets, unlike most of the community here. I take my work seriously, and do not wish to be burdened with any legal action down the line if my project is a successful one.

As long as assets are not being redistributed from that point forward-
It's the best way to go about it. I literally just wrote up an article for helping resolve these issues here.

-> http://www.byond.com/forum/?post=1994579
I would request you guys not to discuss all this here. Although it is necessary, but dragging the post to off-topic... I don't think it's a good practice. If you can, delete your comments that you think are not related to the real post.

Thank you.
Page: 1 2