ID:1991728

Poll: How old are you as of right now? (Dec 1, 2015)

<13 0% (0)
13-15 0% (0)
16-17 5% (4)
18-20 26% (18)
21-24 41% (28)
25-29 19% (13)
30+ 7% (5)

Login to vote.

There's been some speculation about the age of the forum dwellers in the community before and I just really wanted to get some hard, up-to-date numbers about this

If you don't mind, I'd like people to comment and let us know how old you are and how long you've been a developing games.

I for one, am 21-years-old as of April 1st... And that's no joke. *Ba-dum tish* ("Boo!") And I've been programming, not necessarily developing games, for about 8 years now.
am 20 o/ started learning DM at 13
Jesus Christ, Koz. This thread's barely been active for 30 seconds! Stalker!
In response to Kats
Kats wrote:
Jesus Christ, Koz. This thread's barely been active for 30 seconds! Stalker!

Im very young U.U, and ive been developing games for 5 months :c. -Has been using byond since 2012-
I turn 24 in nine days.
i turn 24 in 27days
Turned 28 in July, been at BYOND for 16 of those years, been messing with computer code-stuffs for 22 of them.
I'm on only 19, All yall is a bunch of old Mufukkas!
I'll be 23 in December, and I joined BYOND in 2007. That's about 8 going on 9 years.

I started learning DM back in 2007 as well, but it wasn't until several years after where I really started making progress as a programmer.

I've probably made the most progress as a programmer in the past several years though, as I've gotten into numerous languages outside of BYOND.

Game developer? While I've had numerous attempts, and feel my current project will see the light, I'd say my experience in this area is rather low. Don't confuse programming with game development. I'm a much better programmer than game developer.

Although, I do enjoy reading articles on game development so that I can further educate myself on becoming a better game developer. Eventually, I'll be putting it all into practice.
23 since July, been on BYOND since 2003.

Been developing games since 2005, but only really started properly in the last couple of years thanks to real life.
I'll be 23 in April.
12 soon enough am i rite
19 years old.
In response to Lavenblade
Lavenblade wrote:
I've probably made the most progress as a programmer in the past several years though, as I've gotten into numerous languages outside of BYOND.

I have to share this sentiment. I started with BYOND because it was so simple, but I didn't actually progress much until I delved into languages like C++ and Java. That's where I truly learned to love programming.

I'm really interested in the standard deviation I'm seeing though. A lot of people always assume that most of the people who frequent the forums or develop on BYOND are 14-year-olds with a gnar-toe or dragon's balls fetish.

We're 22-year-olds with gnar-toe and dragon's balls fetishes, apparently.
22 this new years.
You're one year older than me? damn, thought you'd be like 28-30 or something.
yut is a loli
21 years since October. Been programming since I was 10.
20 in 44 days.
Page: 1 2 3