ID:1992227

(See the best response by Lummox JR.)
For some reason when I try to connect to this byond site or use the byond launcher, neither work. I have tried uninstalling, restarting the laptop, reinstalling it, that didn't work. I also tried changing my IP, but I couldn't seem to get that to work, so the only reason I even got connected to this site is by using a proxy. I still can't get the byond pager to connect to hub though, any ideas anyone? This site works on any other computer I try to use too, and this problem just started happening 1 or 2 days ago.
Best response
Your most likely culprit is a malfunctioning antivirus program, if you can connect from other computers in the same household. If not, it could be something upstream from your ISP.
Really? It sounds like something that might be out of my reach then. If I could somehow change my IP, maybe that would work? I might have been doing that wrong.
If it's upstream from your ISP, I would try contacting them. Let them know that your attempts to reach byond.com have failed, and they can look into it.
I tried doing a bunch of stuff with fixing the ISP with live help from the ISP, but I don't think I can do much with that right now. Does anyone have any other possible solutions? I tried getting rid of all the registry associated with byond, but that didn't work either.
As a thought, try going to your command line and typing ipconfig /flushdns. It couldn't hurt anyway. It'd also be good to see what tracert says when you try to reach the site.
In response to Lummox JR
'flushdns' didn't do anything, and which one should I pick for 'tracert'?
I'd just try "tracert byond.com" and see what you get. Also ping, although I doubt ping will work if you can't reach the site at all.
In response to Lummox JR
Your DNS info is way, way out of date; that's not our current IP address. Is it possible you have byond.com in your HOSTS file?

That's in C:\Windows\System32\Drivers\ETC\HOSTS.
In response to Lummox JR
There you go. Comment those out in the file, or erase those lines entirely, and you'll be good to go.
In response to Lummox JR
Thanks yo, I really appreciate this.