ID:1993034

(See the best response by Lummox JR.)
I try and join a game via links or "Open Location" and my byond freezes entirely. Forcing me to close it via task manager and after that if I try and reinstall or uninstall byond it tells me "dreamseeker.exe" is open despite no exe being listed on my task manager and is entirely unkillable.

I am on windows 10 and never before have I had a problem with Byond prior to upgrading.
I also tried reinstalling, playing a few versions back, and running in different sorts of compatibility.
Please visit id:1988729 and follow the instructions there. I added more details on page 3 to explain how to get the info I need to fix this.
Best response
Also: if you have an unkillable process or part of it remains stuck, it's possible you have antivirus software causing grief. Try disabling it temporarily.
Once, for me, a virus protection software immediately deleted BYOND upon downloading it >.<
I fixed the problem, it's most definitely avast's fault. Unfortunately I didn't see that you wanted to see logs and had deleted it while trying more things out, sorry about that.