ID:1994656

I've been playing ss13 for quite a while and since about a week ago, any game I try to play on byond just doesn't play any sound. This is not due to server preferences as they are unchanged, and I double checked they were fine.

Neither is it a problem that it is muted in volume mixer, I tried making sounds ingame and just watched as the volume mixer just stayed flat, without sound.

I cannot recall when the problem started happening but there was no significant change to my computer or byond, apart from the fact I got new headphones, which wouldn't make any difference.
The sound library we use is pretty common. I have to think you have some kimd of sound issue om your computer itself.
And how would I fix said problem, let alone know what it is, seeing as literally everything but byond games work.
Could be something like a driver issue. What else changed on ypur system when this happened? What happens if you do a system restore to the last time it worked?
In response to Lummox JR
My drivers are up to date, and nothing else changed if I recall correctly, also I don't have any system restores available sadly.
The only byond issue i know of relating to sound is that it doesn't handle changes to the default sound target gracefully..

Things like plugging in a headphone on some sound cards that treat the headphone port as a separate sound target from the speakers/speaker port, using bluetooth headphones, connecting/disconnecting to remote desktop, etc.

This is normally fixable by closing and re-opening byond or restarting.

Not sure if this applies to you.

Could also try re-installing byond, as the sound library could have gotten corrupted.
In response to MrStonedOne
I've literally just fixed the problem just now, I uninstalled the drivers to my razer headphone and it reinstalled it, but I stopped it from download the "Razer Synapse" software and now it works.
I figured there had to be some kind of driver issue.
In response to Lummox JR
It wasn't no ordinary driver issue, as all the drivers actually had an update, I guess it was just the Razer Synapse program changing something
Yeah, I tend to be suspicious of any software that governs the entirety of the sound output.
It's most likely an artifact of dreamseeker's inability to gracefully handle the default sound device changing.

Speaking of which, i should make a FR for.

That being said, they would have to be doing funky things to the default sound device handing in windows to trigger that....