ID:1995811

(See the best response by Lummox JR.)
Hello, I am having a problem. Sorry if I am posting this on the wrong forum, but I really need to ask.
I am using PFConfig, so I go to port forwarding, (Btw my router is DLink DSL-255 and I am using a different router on the PFConfig, because it's not listed, so I used something similar to it, so that might be the problem?)
So I go to port forward, I set BYOND Hosting or something as the thing I want to port forward, (And I do not know what TCP and UDP is, so I set them both to 34526)
And I need to ask either if the port is the problem, or the different router is the problem.
I almost forgot to say.
"BYOND hub reports port 34526 cannot be reached by players.
"
Best response
This is the right forum.

I'm not familiar with PFConfig, so at a guess that could be the problem. It sounds like your router is built into the modem if it's DSL. The way you'd normally access router configuration is by following its manual, and for most of them the answer is to go to the router's internal IP address (e.g., http://192.168.0.1) and enter a name and password--which I think for many routers defaults to "admin" for both. The page that comes up after that gives you configuration settings.

In DLink routers, what you do after that is find the section on port forwarding. (Often, Advanced Settings | Forwarding.) You'd tell it what port you want to use, what protocol (TCP, UDP, both, etc.; you only need TCP for BYOND), and what internal IP address it goes with. For instance if your system has been assigned 192.168.0.103, that's the address you'd tell it to use.

Also at that point, you'd want to go to Advanced Settings | DHCP | Address Reservation. Here is where you tell the router that your system should, from now on, always have the same address. Go up to Advanced Settings | DHCP | DHCP Clients List where it will show you which computers are connected, and find yours. Copy the MAC address and the IP address. Go back to the address reservation section, and tell it that that specific MAC address should always have that same IP address. Now the next time your system gets an address from the router, the port forwarding will remember it belongs to your computer.
My default is http://10.0.0.138/. Is it normal?
Oh, it's not 255. it's 225. My apologies.
and I do not have DHCP?