ID:1996607

Drama aside, the developer of the year poll is really interesting and I think it should help to motivate people to continue making games.

Would anyone be interested if I were to start a "Developer of the month" series? Since I'm an avid member of team blue, I usually know nearly everyone's activity. I would create a list of the developers based off anyone who has posted any work, or anyone that messaged me in private (With some sort of example). I'd format it similar to BYOND and Within, with a small feature on each person in the poll.

I think it would be really nice to see what projects people are most proud of/interested in, and it would be nice for the developers to see their work not going un-noticed.

If we ask really nicely, Lummox might even add a new forum-star to display the #1-3 developer of the month.
This'll just end up becoming a "who has the bigger playerbase or fanbase" competition.

Why do you think I went from 0 to 10+ votes in this thread in under five minutes? :)
Right. I realize it can be 'rigged' easy, but I'm not sure of a way to work around it. Perhaps remove the top 3 winners from the next months poll and rotate it like that? That seems kinda mean.
Team Blue? What, why is it a picture of the forum categories with clicked linksOHHHH haaa, took me a second.

I used to be in Team Blue. But it really was more of a way to waste time, and ultimately wasn't an efficient use of said time. I also decided not to get too into the community that much anymore and focus more on BYOND as just software and less as a little world.
I would enjoy it if anime games were included. I don't mean fan-based anime like Land of Fire cause those are exceptions by default, I mean straight up Naruto/DBZ/Bleach/etc.
I wouldn't mind being part of something like this. At the very least it could help with motivation.
In response to BlackProgrammer
BlackProgrammer wrote:
I would enjoy it if anime games were included. I don't mean fan-based anime like Land of Fire cause those are exceptions by default, I mean straight up Naruto/DBZ/Bleach/etc.

Right, the genre of game isn't important, the only thing I'm really focusing on is active developers.
Aight, then I'm interested. Just annoying to have people start fights because something is original or is anime.
In response to BlackProgrammer
It's BYOND, there are going to be stupid fights started by stupid people for stupid reasons. Something about who's the best will just be a septic tank in regards to the shit it draws, mostly because narcissism is as endemic in this community as deafness was to Martha's Vineyard.

[Edit]

Oh, hey, the Developer of the Year thread turned out exactly like I predicted here, and I didn't even know about it. Boy, BYOND's community sure is a pile of dog shit.
I don't think there should be a developer of the day, month, year, anything. Measuring quality with something like that will definitely cause some controversy, and BYOND doesn't really need more flaming.
In response to Konlet
Konlet wrote:
I don't think there should be a developer of the day, month, year, anything. Measuring quality with something like that will definitely cause some controversy, and BYOND doesn't really need more flaming.

BYOND Developer of the hour?

I vote me, I just wrote my savefiles. Beat dat nerds.
In response to Rushnut
Rushnut wrote:
Konlet wrote:

byond dev of the second just compiled my code
In response to Konlet
Konlet wrote:
Rushnut wrote:
Konlet wrote:

byond dev of the second just compiled my code

BYOND dev of the near future, gonna go re-make SS13 in about 10 minutes, honest.