ID:1996638

Applies to:Dream Maker

Issue hasn't been assigned a status value.
http://files.byondhome.com/Rushnut/PvP%20MVP_src.zip

For some reason the type "Player" isn't showing up on the object tree. I re-created the environment from scratch, and it shows up.

I don't really have much more information than that, but I've sent the src to a different person and it doesn't show up for them either, so I'm assuming it won't show up for you either?

Checking show all nodes doesn't reveal it either.

I've honestly never understood the reliance on parent_type when a simple path is clearer. But that's probably why this happens.

Have you tried moving the opening of the comment somewhere else? It's conceivable you're confusing the parser. Good coding principles would put the start of the comment on the next line.
Maybe put on the Show all nodes?
In response to Lummox JR
Lummox JR wrote:
Have you tried moving the opening of the comment somewhere else? It's conceivable you're confusing the parser. Good coding principles would put the start of the comment on the next line.

Yeah, I have, it's only there because I was stripping code away to see if anything else caused it, but I did remove the code entirely and it still happened. Also I use parent_type for a few specific paths, things that I use heavily and want to be able to reference quickly and easily. That and I think it makes my k0ad look nicer.
I don't know why this is in feature requests and not bug reports, lol.