ID:1997663

BYOND Version:509
Operating System:Windows 10 Home 64-bit
Web Browser:Firefox 42.0
Applies to:Dream Seeker

Issue hasn't been assigned a status value.
Descriptive Problem Summary:
When opening a window with a map control inside for the first time, it will cause a slight flicker in the window when rendering. The reason this happens is because it will initialize the map control before any other part of the window, and because of this will delay the initialization of the other controls until the map control has finished.

Numbered Steps to Reproduce Problem:

Create an interface window with visibility set to false. In that window contain a label and a map control.

Using winset or winshow, show the window. The map control will initialize and then the rest of the controls will render.

Expected Results:
The secondary map controls should be pre-initialized when clients connect in the background. This way when a user opens a window with a secondary map control, the map control is already initialized so there is no delay when rendering the window.

If that is not feasible, then the initialization of the map control should happen after the rest of the window has been rendered to the screen, thus reducing the amount of flicker.

Workarounds:
The only work around is to open each window with code, delay to allow the map controls to render, and then close them again. However, this isn't ideal since the user will see all of this.

The only other workaround is just dealing with it, which makes games look much less polished.

Bump for polish.
I'll look into this. A ready-made project would make it easier to see, if you have one. Even so I'm skeptical about how easy this one will be to fix; issues like this are notoriously nasty. Still I won't know more till I investigate.
I sent you one before, I believe. Here it is again.

https://www.immortal-phoenix.com/downloads/Demo.rar