ID:1997869

Since there would be nothing to talk about but productive things, where everyone gets along at. All would sky rocket BYOND users productivity?

Byond's innovation would skyrocket
No.

All this thread will do is spark arguments and prod at existing feuds between certain members about why they think BYOND is "dying" and what kind of halfbaked change to the website or game listings would fix it.

There's no grounded reason to remove the Off-Topic board. If you're that concerned about innovation then focus on the software and start making engaging threads in Design Philosophy or Developer Help. Or even better -- make our next innovative Steam game!
Yeah nobody wants to see the unproductive stuff go away. :/

Oh well, back to saving BYOND!
Almost every other forum has an Off-Topic category. Removing it would change nothing, I think it'd be best just to come to terms with the age group BYOND's community primarily has. (13-17 I'd say)
In response to DarkTemplarX96
DarkTemplarX96 wrote:
Almost every other forum has an Off-Topic category.

duuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuurp
Almost every other thread has an off-topic category DansGame
In response to Lugia319
Lugia319 wrote:
Almost every other thread has an off-topic category DansGame

removing off topic from byond would be like removing leffen from the smash community

the drama would decrease significantly and then it'd just get all boring and stuff.
Off topic helps keep the people who aren't necessarily using the software, but still active and useful members of the community, within the community. Whilst there are a few that end up being negative *cough*lugia*cough*, for every *cough*lugia*cough* I can think of a dozen other people who I wouldn't want to be gone, but don't really produce anything.

People who are going to be unproductive, are going to be unproductive, off-topic or not. Off-topic just helps keep our community a little larger.
In response to Rushnut
See the funniest part of this is that Tom was going to remove the forums altogether. And you wanna know why? "Because so few were using them". Now either Tom is lying, or you're lying. Who do we believe?
We should ban the off-topic category. That'll show em!
Plus, even though most of us are developers, doesn't mean we don't like to have meaningless discussions about pointless topics with our peers.

I mean, where else are we going to postulate the reasoning why icecream sundays sold on any of the other days of the week aren't called things like icecream Wednesdays or icecream Mondays.
In response to Kats
Kats wrote:
I mean, where else are we going to postulate the reasoning why icecream sundays sold on any of the other days of the week aren't called things like icecream Wednesdays or icecream Mondays.

Woah..
Maybe because it's spelled sundae, making it an entirely different word.
In response to Fugsnarf
Fugsnarf wrote:
Maybe because it's spelled sundae, making it an entirely different word.

Woaaahhh..
If Lummox removes it, I'm coming for him.
Let's just ban the BYOND community from using the forums. That would solve most problems!
Remember guys:

When off-topic is outlawed, only outlaws will have off-topic.
In response to EmpirezTeam
If only Obama understood this.
It would be all the rage!
Page: 1 2 3