ID:199860

Applies to:Dream Seeker

Issue hasn't been assigned a status value.
Copied from here.

I would like to be able to specify the image used in the BYOND connection splashscreen when connecting a user to a new world via link().
Your link appears to be broken.

I think the image should actually be uploaded to the game's BYOND hub and be displayed whenever a user connects to the game.
Fixed, thanks.

And I disagree with using the hub, since not all games have or use the hub. The image should be a part of the games resources.
Perhaps a world variable?
Then different servers could have different images?
I like this. It would make games look so much more professional..
My name is EmpirezTeam and I approve this request.
In response to EmpirezTeam
EmpirezTeam wrote:
My name is EmpirezTeam and I approve this request.

Well now I have to disapprove of this on principle.

..okay just kidding, but seriously this would be a nice member feature to silence the people upset about the loss of blogs.
In response to Flame Sage
Flame Sage wrote:
Your link appears to be broken.

I think the image should actually be uploaded to the game's BYOND hub and be displayed whenever a user connects to the game.

This.
If not then Airjoe's concept is nice too.
In response to Flame Sage
Flame Sage wrote:
Perhaps a world variable?
Then different servers could have different images?

I think this might be a better solution than uploading an image to the hub?
Why a world variable?

The image should exist on the world sending the user, not the world receiving the user. The point is that the resource is already there for the splash screen. You shouldn't have to download a resource so you can display a splash screen that shows downloading of other resources.
Well, because then different servers could have their own image.
But the point is that it would still need to show the BYOND splash screen to download the resource for the splash screen if it was a part of your .rsc file. If it was hosted on the game's hub, BYOND would be able to grab it from there before loading the resources.