ID:1998864

http://imgur.com/bgeSADk
It's been like this for a long time, and I never bothered asking about it because I thought the next update would fix it. But after a lot of updates it still hasn't been fixed so I think there might be a problem on my end. Does anybody know how to fix this?
Typically this has turned out to be the result of using a non-English locale, and having non-ASCII characters in the user data path. Go to Preferences | Advanced, and move your BYOND data directory to someplace else like C:\BYOND.
In response to Lummox JR
Umm, I messed up when doing this and I accidentally but "\" instead of "/" and now byond won't load up. I think my problem will be fixed if I change my system locale to USA or something but how do I fix the directory thing.
The backslash is correct; it sounds like you did it right. Take a look in C: and see if BYOND is there. If so, then your user directory should be in the right place.

You can change the path manually by going to your registry in HKEY_CURRENT_USER/Software/Dantom/BYOND and editing the userpath value. That won't move the user data directory from its old location, but it will tell BYOND where to look from here on out.
In response to Lummox JR
Changing my system locale worked as it changed the yen sign back to a back slash on my directory. Thanks for the heads up. You were a great help :D
Ah, Japanese has been the absolute worst for us to deal with.