Descriptive Problem Summary:
With a binary that was built with Make EXE functionality and the parameter file://foobar.dmb##guest, that EXE does not launch the dmb when a user with BYOND installed has the pager open. When the pager is not open, the executable does launch the dmb in Dream Seeker.
I have not tested with any other parameters in the Make EXE process.
Numbered Steps to Reproduce Problem:
0) On a system with BYOND installed, open the BYOND pager (sign in or not, irrelevant)
1) Open an environment in DreamMaker.
2) Go to Make EXE function in the Build Menu
3) In the "Hub ID / Command:" field, enter: "file://gamename.dmb##guest"
4) Hit OK
5) Put the portable BYOND directory in the same directory as the built exe and dmb file.
7) Attempt to run the exe.
The game should launch as a guest.
Nothing happens. Mouse shows the "hourglass" for just a moment, but DreamSeeker apparently does not launch. I expect this is because, when the pager is not running, it launches the local byond.exe which then loads DreamSeeker, but when the pager (i.e. BYOND.exe) is running, the game executable does not launch another instance of byond.exe (in the same way you cannot open the pager twice).
Does the problem occur:
Every time? Or how often?
Jan 25 2012, 6:01 pm (Edited on Jan 25 2012, 6:29 pm)