ID:1999838

(See the best response by Lummox JR.)
Hello, I was wondering what I needed to do. I can host games and people can join, My port can be reached by players. Yet when I host a game I have been developing, For testing, No one can join to help me test. I Was wondering if there was a problem with the coding or was it something else?
What message are they getting? Connection failed, connection died? Does the game interface come up, or does it fail at the loading screen?

If it's "connection died", then that usually means the code is deleting their mob or otherwise not allowing the client to connect. I would check your code for any overrides of client/New() and make sure it's always calling the parent proc (with "..()"). I would also check mob/Login() to see if there's any scenario where the joining mob is deleted. It might also be worth checking for world/IsBanned and seeing if it's setup to not allow anyone but you to connect.
Ah alright. I see, It says connection failed. I assumed it was my port, Yet when I host other games such as "Charmed:Rebirth of Magic" People can join no problem.
Best response
You're most likely dealing with a code problem if the port has been opened properly. Maybe it's disconnecting users prematurely.
Alright, Thanks man. I'll see what I can find, If nothing then I'll let you know. If its fixed, I'll come back and thank you again. ^.^
It keeps saying connection failed still.
BYOND hub reports port 4200 can be reached by players.
My port can be reached, Firewall is allowing all byond programs as exception. Code isn't the problem, So i see no reason why i can't test this game. Yet here I am unable to test it.. Really puts a damper on my motivation =(.
Fixed it thanks
In response to Dart420
In case someone else runs into the same problem and finds this thread, can you post what the issue ended up being and how you solved it?
Well it was a few things, You and Lummox mentioned. I took it step by step, I'm not sure exactly what it was. Nothing in the code, I think my firewall was blocking something from byond though everything worked after I went through the steps. So it was something minor yall must have mentioned. Wish i knew more xD, I think i didn't have everything in byond on the exception list.