ID:2000043

Greetings, once again, people of BYOND!

Last time we met, I made a...meh forum game. At the start it was awesome, but I let my inexperience and some player's cabbages ruin everything. I mean, I liked the cabbage thing, but looking back at it, the game itself, the "crunch" wasn't good. I was playing everyone's summons, the story I tried to weave into it was complicated, and didn't make sense in regards to the original Destroy the Godmodder. But, from what I can tell, a few people actually liked it. In particular, Fugsnarf, and Potato55 didn't think it sucked, and Kozuma3 (cabbage guy) didn't explicitly say he/she hated it. The "fluff", in my opinion anyway, wasn't terrible either, the attacks were given okay descriptions.

So, when that game ended, I said I would make another one on Bay12, and branch back onto here. I also teased that it would be a Roll to Dodge Princess Celestia type game, maybe even a remake or sequel to that game. But, I can't do a remake or sequel, since I have the common courtesy to ask permission, but that may come. Another game inspired by that, or maybe even a reboot or sequel of my game on here will be more likely. I have learned from my mistakes, as well. Let the players play, let the story develop, and it's just a game, it won't be something that drives me insane, or will ruin my non-existent reputation. So, when will this new game be? ...Good question, I don't know. Sometime next month? This month? No idea.

TL,DR: Making a new forum game. I learned from my mistakes. RTD Princess Celestia? Maybe, maybe not. Bay12 or BYOND? Both.
i summon a cabbage?
In response to Konlet
And you too, man. You too. Game's not starting yet, but glad to see you reply.
I summon a giant carrot.
In response to Kozuma3
...Whoa, I, uh, wow. Didn't think you would choose something other than Cabbage.

Game's still not here, read the OP to see when. (Spoilers! I have no idea.)
In response to Greatness942
Greatness942 wrote:
...Whoa, I, uh, wow. Didn't think you would choose something other than Cabbage.

It's all a part of the plot. IT'S ALL A PART OF HIS PLAN. DON'T LISTEN TO HIM. DON'T TRUST HIM
I summon a bandit, it attacks Konlet.
You still haven't learned how this community works, have you. trkRip Kappa
1. I KNEW IT! It was his plan! Sorry, Koz. The Giant Veggies won't be here this time-well, let's compromise, eh? The Giant Veggies will heal, but will not fight, ok?

2. You know what? I haven't rolled jack crap since RTD:Prototype (as I'll call it) ended, so...(6 v 2) The Bandit appears from the shadows, striking Kon with a cudgel, or a club. Bruised, Kon retreats, as the Bandit raids his coin.

3. And I can't stress this enough, the game hasn't started yet, I have a few ideas for the next game, which I'll post sometime soon. I'll show you one bit of my RTD Princess Celestia inspiration with a Health mock up.

Name: Konlet
Health: Bruised up face.
Equipment: The Math Staff and the Nexian Warstaff.

4. Also, 'sup Rushnut!
Go geodude!
In response to Baird
That fits so well with your new picture, that it's intentional.
Go geodude!
...(5) Geodude comes onto the field!

Sorry, couldn't resist.
tackle!
(2) It didn't do jack crap!

Lemme explain the rolls, since that's what will be in the new game (TBA)

1=Botch. Roll a 1, something not only bad, but extraordinarily terrible happens. "(1) You throw the knife, but it boomerangs into your eye!"

2=Failure. Self Explanatory "(2) You throw the knife, but it fumbles out of your hands!"

3=Partial Success. Again, Self Explanatory "(3) You throw the knife, and it hits hilt first into the target!"

4=Partial Success. Same as 3.

5=Success. You succeed. "(5) You throw the knife and it lodges blade first into the chest of the target!"

6=Crit Success. Whoa, daddy. Roll a 6, and magic happens. "(6) You throw the knife, and it not only stabs into the Target, but also propels them backward due to the force of the throw! They are stunned, bleeding, and have a knife stuck in them!"
Go geodude!
In response to Baird
Baird wrote:
Go geodude!

( Ok, I gotta admit- this was freaking hilarious )
PLEASE READ!

Alrighty, then. Let's do the announcement of the new Forum Game. But first, a bit of Neutral/Good/Bad news. The news is, that since it would be easier to do the game on Bay12, what with the Spoilers and the Colored Text, I'll be starting and doing the game on Bay12, and retroactively linking to it here on BYOND. This is to make easier on both the Players, and me. I will still host a game on BYOND, which will probably be the Roll to Destroy the Godmodder reboot, as you don't need Spoilers and Colored Text to do that.

Now then, as to the game itself, who's the Antagonist? Who will be the major Big Bad, and Final Boss to this wacky adventure? ...*shrugs* I don't know. I have a few ideas, that I will pass around here.

1. Princess Celestia. Why am I so adamant on having her be the villain, when Roll to Dodge Princess Celestia already exists, made by TCM on Bay12? Well, two reasons. The First is that he never finished. With what I've learned here, and from re-reading RTD Princess Celestia, I think I can at least make an okay reboot. Won't exactly match up, but it might be fun. The Second Reason is Creativity in Games as a whole. Obviously I can do an original and cool villain, or just choose another character (Princess Luna/Nightmare Moon, anyone?) But, here's the thing. If TCM made it, that shouldn't lock out that character for other RTDs, right? I will ask permission if I can use her, but that's mainly common courtesy.

2. A, well, new and original villain. I have a few ideas for cool villains to fight, (where did the Operator go?) and I want to see if maybe they would be fun for Players and Myself alike. If you want me to tell you guys a few of my ideas, please don't hesitate to ask.

Final Announcement! The Game will arrive...I don't know, sometime soon, you won't have to wait long, though.

TL;DR: It's not that long, just read the dang post, please?
In response to Kozuma3
I agree. He has like 8 geodudes!
He's actual just Brock but he's been on the crack pipe for too long and considers an Onyx to be a string of Geodudes.
Page: 1 2