ID:200223

Resolved
BYOND Version:N/A (Website Bug)
Operating System:Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit
Web Browser:Chrome 16.0.912.77
Applies to:Website

This issue has been resolved.
Descriptive Problem Summary:
When I send a page to Keeth, I don't think it should show up in my alert windows (Red BYOND Orb) informing me that I have a message (when I haven't received a reply back), considering I'm the one that sent the page?

Excuse me, my bad.
It doesn't send you an alert when you reply to yourself, it just doesn't LOOK like Keeth replied because it was still saying "Hello Keeth! :D" which was the message I originally sent.

Sorry for the confusion.
It seems that even when I view that page, it doesn't flag it as me viewing it.
In order for it to disappear and the alert to go away I need to click the X button to actually delete it.
It should show you viewed it (it should appear as blue instead of orange), but it won't actually disappear from the list unless you X it, or stop following from within the post.
Hmm lummy All pager messages i get even when viewed on the website seem to still be yellow?

Will it or is it meant to go a lighter color? since bright yellow is quite a constant visual i think it's very distracting always being bright yellow.
I don't think this is a bug so much as confusion over the color choices. Pages are always yellow in the "updates" listing; the brightness is based on whether they appear in an odd or even row (just like normal posts, which are listed as either blue or gray currently). Clearly we need to adjust this system because we don't want read pages standing out so much.
1. When I send a page, the website is marked as having active new pages. I don't really need to be notified about something that I just did myself...
2. A pager conversation always shows the first message, instead of the newest message. Again, this is rather uninformative.
3. The color choices were a bit confusing =P
Lummox JR resolved issue