ID:2002494

(See the best response by Lummox JR.)
I have avast, but i added the byond folder to exceptions

I have attempted to uninstall/reinstall already

Windows 7

I clicked on the join server button, nothing happens. If I type in the server URL into the dreamseeker application in the folder, I just get a 'failed to connect'.

Thanks
Best response
When nothing happens after clicking Join, do you see a stuck dreamseeker.exe in the task manager? If so, that means something in Avast is still interfering. If not, something could potentially be wrong with your BYOND pager or with the installation.

"Connection failed" most likely means the server didn't allow your connection for whatever reason, or it's down, but it could also indicate an issue on your end--such as Dream Seeker not being allowed Internet access by Avast or by a firewall.
Well then it's Avast, but I just turned Avast off, reloaded byond and the same thing happens. And a firewall notification came up when I first started the byond thing. And I gave it access so not sure.
What firewall gave you the notification? I'd check it to make sure that all BYOND applications are allowed full access. This is particularly important for byond.exe, the pager, because it's what establishes your identity with Dream Seeker. Without that, many SS13 servers will see you as a guest, and most of them don't allow guest logins.
Windows Firewall

It just says that "BYOND" is an allowed program. I clicked on details and it is BYOND.exe

I added dreamseeker.exe to the exceptions list but that hasn't helped either.
Tried turning off the firewall to see if that helps?
I had this problem, except the program failed to open entirely. Try running dream seeker from the BYOND folder, and it may display a message saying that you are missing a .dll file. If you install the required file online and put it in the byond bin folder, it should start working again if that is your issue.