ID:2003868

There's like, 12 different posts discussing various musics in Off Topic at the moment, some of it is fantastic, the rest of it was posted by Kozuma. It'd be nice if there was a centralized thread where we could keep it all, which is what we have on a different forum I frequent. On there it's the most popular thread on the entire forum, so I figure it's a good idea to have it here as well.

How do I post a youtube embed? Simply do youtube : O8t-VUGmqaQ without the spaces, where the bit of text after the youtube and the colon is the video tag from youtube. It's the part after the "v=", see the screenshot below.

To start us off, anyone who hasn't heard of or doesn't love some Tool needs to. Immediately.

Vicarious > Lateralus
In response to Amad2

Schism > Them both

Schism isn't just my favourite Tool song, it's also easily a top 3 song of all time, and also the first song I learned to play all the way through on guitar. I loved every minute of it. The complexity behind this song is absolutely astounding, once you understand music and you understand the barre progression and time signatures, it's simply mindboggling how incredibly well put together this song is.
Tool is friggin' amazing! I can't wait for their next album! I'm a huge MJK fanboy ;P

That being said, I've been listening to a lot of instrumental stuff as of late. Stuff by Emancipator, Helios, Ulrich Schnauss just to name a few. Here's one of my favorite ones:
In response to Azurift
Azurift wrote:
Tool is friggin' amazing! I can't wait for their next album! I'm a huge MJK fanboy ;P

That being said, I've been listening to a lot of instrumental stuff as of late. Stuff by Emancipator, Helios, Ulrich Schnauss just to name a few.

You just got me aroused, boy.

Divine songs. Have you ever heard of A.Armada? Or Puscifer?

Puscifer in particular is incredible soley because it's got MJK on vocal, if you haven't already DEFINITELY check out Grand Canyon, another top 3 song for me. Here's A.Armada doing what he does best

The crunch at 2:25. Ugh.
In response to Rushnut

If we're talking favourites then mine's gotta be The Pot.
In response to Amad2
That video cracks me up every time. Every song is fantastic. My brother is a major musician, and he puts it best:

"After their first album I thought they were great, but then they got better and better until they were the best. And then they got better."
ehm

But if we're going for favourites, Endless Fantasy will always be number 1 for me, I could literally just sit four hours and analyze and explain all the amazing intricates of this song, and the message it conveys. It's simply incredible.

In response to Rushnut
Rushnut wrote:
You just got me aroused, boy.

Divine songs. Have you ever heard of A.Armada? Or Puscifer?

Puscifer in particular is incredible soley because it's got MJK on vocal, if you haven't already DEFINITELY check out Grand Canyon, another top 3 song for me.

I've known about Puscifer since pretty much its inception (like a true Maynard fanboy would) and I definitely think their latest album "Money Shot" is the apex of their work. "The Remedy" is my personal favorite, but "Grand Canyon" is definitely a close second :P

I checked out A. Armada and I've got to say: I really dig them--they're now currently resting soundly in my Spotify library. I can't put my finger on exactly why, but they remind me vaguely of the instrumental work Thrice does from time to time. Good stuff!

I also forgot to mention Yppah! If you haven't heard of them (but there's a good chance you have if you know the other aforementioned three,) check them out! Here's the song I'm currently binging on:
tool suks, i remambar on chettars en too thowsend 10, evary1 ensalted tool cuz suks

ristan two gud sung
myEars/var/tmp/music =

In response to Konlet
weefkwjvbiuoi43ofewlikenfbwoi42bfewbviodqwdwbfg439gfoiewnfbv ueowfifewbocdiefwftoew9fhiewnvbewuofincdvsbeatrf4fierngniofe wpancakes.

Okay?
It's pitiful there's people here that dare call themselves a programmer when they struggle with basic JavaScript. The damn nerve of you people.
rua belieber
In response to Zagros5000
Zagros5000 wrote:
rua belieber

u r descust mii
Page: 1 2