ID:2005449

An easy way for Byond to make some $-- offer hosting as a service along with the site- either separately or also with membership.

Many people have issues with finding hosts, and while I'm not sure how much it would take to get something like this rolling, it would actually go a very long way to generating funds for the community.

I'm pretty sure I am not the first person to every think about this though, so..thoughts?
They used to do this. It's hard to support, though.
More games = more people.
More people = more exposure.
And more people who have hosting = more games to choose from.
How do you mean hard to support though? Like, what's involved with it. (if you have knowledge of it)
There's a lot of upkeep involved in providing it, especially with how diverse the resource needs between BYOND games can be. It's probably easier and cheaper all-around to buy hosting from a VPS or something like BYONDpanel.
tom ruined the site financially when he did away with blogs

One word: Cafepress.

Who here wouldn't buy a womens' thong with the BYOND atom?

Vorpal cloth underpants of virginity protection +5.

(edit: totes aware that cafepress is a terrible avenue to make money. It failed before, and it'll fail again.)
Butt srsly, someone needs to remake Lode Wars and get it on Steam.
In response to Ter13
Ter13 wrote:

you
In response to Ganite
Ganite wrote:
Ter13 wrote:

you

No u.
Explain how Lode Wars works in less than 250 words. Pitch it hard, I'll make it happen.
Lode wars:

Competitive mining game. Two teams compete to mine the most resources and drop them in the deposit box.

You can basically choose to either deposit resources or spend them on various weapons, tools, and defensive items to keep the other team from interfering with your minion op, or to allow you to mine and move resources faster.
Umm byondpanel.com, lummox can support it and ATHK cut a profit to lummox.
Make it an official byond hosting service? lol
Lode Wars:

A game where you get to play as worm dudes, a dude with claws, a human with a suit on, and some extremely awkward looking giant green bear thing.

Basically you must keep digging and digging until you find the HQ of the enemy players. Then you can buy carts and do drive-by shootings which is by far the best part of the game. Just make sure you play the drive-by theme song when you're executing the drive-by. It gets you in the perfect mood.

I'm not sure if that was under 250 words, I didn't have time to count it.
In response to EmpirezTeam
Thug life.
In response to EmpirezTeam
When Lummox realizes this they'll bring back the blogs.