Go to the start menu and do a search for Internet Explorer, in Windows 10 it is hidden, because they want you to use Edge
In response to Rumpelstiltskin3
No problem man!
Thanks to ye
Yep! Hopefully that works for you as well!
No problem guys!!1 Yay to Solutions!
Wait, I lied. It didn't. Though it started downloading some of the updates this time.
Well maybe after those updates are done, at least you didn't get the error this time!
In response to Arvak Morekborn
Arvak Morekborn wrote:
I'm not even sure how to get to tools on the damn thing

I also use Microsoft edge. I'm not sure if that is related to the problem though.
Is ActivX something that comes with IE? I can't seem to find it
In response to PlayerTwo542
PlayerTwo542 wrote:
Arvak Morekborn wrote:
I'm not even sure how to get to tools on the damn thing

I also use Microsoft edge. I'm not sure if that is related to the problem though.

Ya know, it damn well could be
For those that have Windows 10 and are using Edge..Do a search on the bottom left of your desktop for Internet Explorer, its hidden in 10. Once Internet Explorer is open, right click in an open space at the top of the browser and click on Menu Bar. this should show File, Edit, View, Favorites, Tools, and Help underneath the search bar. Click on Tools, and find ActiveX Filtering, click on that and it should be checked. go back into BYOND and try to join a game.
It worked! Thanks to ye!
Awesome! Let me know if that works for you as well PlayerTwo542!
The game opens up, but the prompt for Byond Not Working shows up just as the game opens up.
And did you enable ActiveX Filtering within Inter Explorer PlayerTwo542?

@EatTheCakes. This might be a separate issue other than the Dream Seeker, I'm not sure I've seen the one you're mentioning. The most I can suggest is maybe a reinstall of BYOND?
In response to TheLlew
TheLlew wrote:
And did you enable ActiveX Filtering within Inter Explorer PlayerTwo542?

@EatTheCakes. This might be a separate issue other than the Dream Seeker, I'm not sure I've seen the one you're mentioning. The most I can suggest is maybe a reinstall of BYOND?

Yes I've enabled it.
I've actually read other posts to see what it might be since I never had this issue with dream seeker before. So I have also reinstalled and uninstalled.
Then you may be in the same boat with EatTheCakes, I'm not sure what the fix would be, I've only found ActiveX Filtering. I'm sorry friend! Hopefully someone has other suggestions for you two.
The KernelBase.dll error isn't in one of our modules so it has to be something else causing the problem. I'm disturbed that an ad could be doing that, although I think one thing everyone should do is make sure they have Flash for IE/Edge up to date on their systems.
Yeah, in the same boat as me. Guess we'll have to keep looking around.
Page: 1 2 3 4