ID:2007878

BYOND Version:509.1318
Operating System:Windows 10 Home 64-bit
Web Browser:Chrome 47.0.2526.106
Applies to:Dream Seeker

Issue hasn't been assigned a status value.
Descriptive Problem Summary:
The title states what is happening. Dream Seeker Not Responding.

Numbered Steps to Reproduce Problem:
1. Join a server or a game not hosted from your computer causes Dream Seeker to not respond.

Code Snippet (if applicable) to Reproduce Problem:

Expected Results:
For the game/program to open and then slow up. (Typical BYOND Reaction depending on the game.).

Actual Results:
Game immediately crashes/doesn't respond as soon as play is clicked on.
(Before AD.).

Does the problem occur:
Every time? Or how often?
Every Time at best.
In other games?
Yes. In all games.
In other user accounts?
Yes. Alts as well.
On other computers?
Highly unlikely. If I had one at least.

When does the problem NOT occur?
When BYOND's Play button is pressed.(Client).

Did the problem NOT occur in any earlier versions? If so, what was the last version that worked? (Visit http://www.byond.com/download/build to download old versions for testing.)
When I originally started the game I ran the latest version. After my computer shut down on itself, I turned it back on and no games seemed to respond at all.

Workarounds:
None to my knowledge.
"Latest" is not a version number. Bug reports require specific information.

If you have Avast, there is a known issue in which it's improperly blocking dreamseeker.exe, in which case you need to add it to Avast's exceptions and then report the false positive to them.
The version is currently 509.1318, I've restarted my computer several times and I don't use a firewall as it is. My computer is safest without them at times.
Whenever I attempt to load a game on BYOND, dream seeker crashes while it's attempting to connect to a game. This problem just started occurring today. I updated my BYOND in attempt to fix it but that did not help. I'm presently running McAfee antivirus and firewall, and attempted to disable both but that did not solve the issue either.

1. Attempt to play a game through the pager.

Expected Results:
Dream Seeker crashes, evidently as soon as the advertisement attempts to load.

Actual Results:
Does the problem occur:
Every time? Or how often? Every time.
In other games? All games
In other user accounts? All accounts
On other computers? Works fine on others computers.

When does the problem NOT occur?

Did the problem NOT occur in any earlier versions? If so, what was the last version that worked? (Visit http://www.byond.com/download/build to download old versions for testing.)

I tested it on multiple prior 509 versions of BYOND. It did not work on any of them.
Workarounds:

1. Launch BYOND
2.Click play on any game w/ BYOND. An example being an ss13 server.
3. Dream Seeker launches, then crashes.

Expected Results:
Dream Seeker doesn't crash

Actual Results:
Dream Seeker crashes

Does the problem occur:
Every time? Or how often? Every time
In other games? All games on BYOND
In other user accounts? I just use my one and only account.
On other computers? Idk, only have the one computer. (I have seen other posts w/ complaints about this very problem, but disabling the Virus Protection solution doesn't do anything to fix the problem.

When does the problem NOT occur? It always occurs. Even after reinstalling BYOND, and restarting my computer, etc.

Did the problem NOT occur in any earlier versions? If so, what was the last version that worked? (Visit http://www.byond.com/download/build to download old versions for testing.) I installed the latest update after this problem occurred with the last version of BYOND, because I thought that would fix the solution, but it did not. Dream Seeker continues to crash when I join any type of server.

Workarounds:
Idk

In response to Dinomice
(Update) Gave Firewall full access, still doesn't work.
Troubleshooted it, and it says BYOND is incompatible.
In response to Dinomice
If it's crashing, I need a crash report from the Windows event viewer. There's also a thread in the BYOND Help forum you should look at.
There's a recent Help thread regarding crashes that you might want to take a look at.
In response to GalionKnight
Check out this thread for more info: http://www.byond.com/forum/?post=2007764&first_unread=1
In response to Dinomice
Thank you for telling me about this thread, I found a solution by activating ActiveX Filter. (Except I can now only launch games from the website, not on the BYOND Launcher).
Someone was having this very issue, and so was I. We fixed the problem by turning on ActiveX Filtering in Internet Explorer. ActiveX is located in the Safety tab under Tools.
Thank you, ProperPants. I sadly had to reactivate Internet Explorer since I absolutely dislike it. But getting to play my games again makes it worth.
In response to Dinomice
What's going wrong when you try to launch from the pager?
In response to Dinomice
It was still not working when I used the BYOND Launcher. I reinstalled it and now it works all properly again, When I enabled ActiveXFilter on the Internet Explorer.
Originally without ActiveX my pager would run fine but once I click "Play" my game would clam up instantly at the AD screen, and say this program has stopped working.
You need to uninstall the security update that caused this. See the sticky thread in Help for details.
I've tried literally everything and nothing is working. I can't even host and join through daemon this is really annoying.
In response to Mav472
Mav472 wrote:
I've tried literally everything and nothing is working. I can't even host and join through daemon this is really annoying.

More details please. What did you try, and what happens when you try to play?
Thanks for responding so quickly. So this randomly started happening after I tried to relog into a game.
When I launch a game dream seeker goes unresponsive within seconds.

First i tried deleting the cache by going into preferences. Then I tried to manually delete all of the cache files.

When that didn't work I enabled the activex filter in internet explorer tools. This actually made the game launch but eventually dream seeker goes unresponsive before the game is finished loading.

I unistalled the last windows security update and restarted my computer. When I tried to launch a game it would get past the ads but go unresponsive. Same thing happened when I turned the activefilter settings off.

I can use dream seeker normally if I run a game from dream maker.

Not sure what to do at this point
In response to Mav472
Are you certain you removed the correct security update? It may not have been the last one; it's a specific update (see the sticky thread in BYOND Help) and removing it does not require a reboot.
Page: 1 2