thaaaaaank youuuuuuuu Q_Q I almost quit byond cuz of this snafu.... now I'm like yay I can enjoy my membership
Man, thank you and Happy New Year :)
Man, thank you , you are the best! it work to me :D
In response to Trevmillion
Trevmillion wrote:
Thank you! I have also been cursed with having to use Windows 10 and this fix worked like a charm.

Complete instructions for Win10 users
  • Open start menu, type in "update" and click "windows update settings"
  • Click "Advanced Options"
  • Click "View Update History"
  • Click "Uninstall Updates"
  • In the upper right corner is a search box, click it and type in "kb313" and the security update causing problems should be the only one left (KB3132372).
  • Click "KB3132372" and then click "uninstall."
  • Confirm uninstall and let it do its thing.
  • No need to restart computer!

In some cases you do need to restart your pc.
first try the steps above and if it still crashes after that just restart pc let it do his updates, the kb313 that you deleted will stay deleted and after the restart it should work

Okay... how about "Dream daemon killing connection" ? I don't have the KB313.. update. Is this a different issue?
I have Windows 7. I was affected. I haven't updated Windows in over a year. What I did was simply go back to the last version of BYOND, and it was fixed. Hope this helps those in a similar situation.
In response to Raikenzu
Raikenzu wrote:
I have Windows 7. I was affected. I haven't updated Windows in over a year. What I did was simply go back to the last version of BYOND, and it was fixed. Hope this helps those in a similar situation.

No you had an issue with Avast. It's a different issue entirely, and the fix is to add BYOND to its exceptions.
In response to Toniebardin
Toniebardin wrote:
Okay... how about "Dream daemon killing connection" ? I don't have the KB313.. update. Is this a different issue?

That means the server is disconnecting you. It's not a bug.
I don't have Avast. I know it's dumb to not run an antivirus, but I haven't decided on a good one yet. Is Avast good? I'll check it out.
In response to Raikenzu
If it's not Avast, then what is happening? Is it crashing or hanging? If it crashes, what does the Windows event viewer say about the crash?
Text was all messed up, mostly showing in ms sans serif, when we have it coded to be times new roman. It was all aesthetic.
In response to Raikenzu
Raikenzu wrote:
Text was all messed up, mostly showing in ms sans serif, when we have it coded to be times new roman. It was all aesthetic.

This thread is about Dream Seeker crashing on startup, not an aesthetic issue.
My apologies, someone directed me here because they thought it was related to the Dream Seeker bugs happening after the last update. Sorry to bother and for unrelated input.
Needless to say im not happy, but i needed to clear some clutter. I recovered windows to factory
Here is another solution if none of the above works. Basically what you have to do is go to the Network settings and turn your Metered Connection on. It is under Advanced Settings under Network Settings. Ask Codedie for more instructions.
For me it keeps reinstalling the update... :/

EDIT: I'm having now new issues. I finally got it to stop updating but it still says "DreamSeeker.exe has stopped working. I'm using Windows 10 if you didn't get that from above.
In response to Aupenn
Yeah because every time you restart your PC, the update will reinstall.
You have the choose how updates are installed selected as automatic (by default), you'd have to change that to notify to schedule for an update and then I guess avoid the security update.
Thanks, a lot, really!
So i have tried everything I could. but the update keeps reinstalling. When I unistall it, I have to restart my laptop because dreamseeker doesn't work until I do. So if I close dreamseeker at least once it won't open again and won't work untill I uninstall and restart my laptop again. Is there going to be a Byond update to fix this?
There can't be a BYOND update to fix it because the bug isn't in our code; it's in Microsoft's code. Switching to manual updates for the time being is probably the best course until Microsoft gets their ducks in a row.
Page: 1 2 3 4