ID:2008772

Does anyone here collect things as a hobby?
I like retro video games and Funko Pops.
i collect girls numbers
i collect tears
I would absolutely love to extend my manga collection, but alas, money issues. I've been reading a lot of fan-translated Berserk, and at some points it just becomes unbearable due to the grammar errors they make. My kingdom for a professional translation!
Kumo collects bitches.
I collect rejection.
In all seriousness, I collect cheaply made bracelets and weird gifs.
I guess you could say I collect 3DS and PSVita games. I refuse to buy anything digitally that I can buy physically. I also target games I think might become a little rare and try to go for the collectors editions (especially for Atlus and XSeed games). Just got the Legend of Heroes Trails of Cold Steel collectors edition for my Vita not that long ago. Their games have a history of very limited printings, but they're getting better about that.
I guess I'm trying to understand the collector mindset because I don't collect anything but might have to target collectors at some point in the near future.

@Kumo & Fugsnarf: Why do you collect those things? Is it just because you like those things? Is it just because you want to have an impressive collection you can show off to friends? Is it for competition? ( like in the case of MTG )

Edit: And that was @LordAndrew as well. In fact, Funko Pops were exactly along the lines of what I was thinking.
I think it's mainly because I want them to really last. Many years down the road, my digital purchases will probably be gone. However, if I have the physical cartridges still and a working 3DS, I'll always have the games. So it's not so much a compulsion to collect, but more to preserve what might eventually be lost in a fully-digital gaming world. The collector editions are because I like the extra stuff -- it makes the act of physically buying the game much more interesting and endearing.
Idk if you're familiar with rave culture but some people make braclets out of beads (cheap pony beads typically). The point of this is to give them to people/friends you meet at shows/festivals and collect them up as sort of a way to commemorate the people you meet and connect with.

I take it a step further by making and giving them to friends i make outside of shows. It's sort of a hippy thing i guess, but i like to meet and remember people from all over. I mostly make leather braid wristbands for close friends, though.

As for the weird gifs, my twitter feed is mostly strange gifs so i amass them to make sure i have future content, i guess. I just like weird shit.
I collect my fingernail clippings and save them in jars.
What about your toenails?
What do you think I am, a crazy person? Those go in the garbage.
I save the patches of skin that I peel off in a cigar box.
In response to Kumorii
Kumorii wrote:
Idk if you're familiar with rave culture but some people make braclets out of beads (cheap pony beads typically).

Funny - a girl at my job actually described "rave" for me today. She literally said "it's when a bunch of white people get high off acid and listen to music with no lyrics".
I collect people that collect things. *shifty eyes*
In response to Nadrew
Nadrew wrote:
I collect people that collect things. *shifty eyes*

im not stupid
Page: 1 2