ID:2009839

(See the best response by ZedZull.)
Hi it's crono here
I wanted to know if anyone could give me some basic coding about some rpg stuff and explaining how to use it

Such as turf type thing

Turf
Grass
Icon='icon.dmi'
Icone_state="grass"

Does not seem to work because of the new update

I've been wanting to create my own game for years now so I beg of anyone out there is there a way u could explain how to make
Turf,shop keepers,monsters,players,skills such as mining,crafting and etc

If u can I will be in ur debt
Best response
You should check out the Developers page and the Tutorials & Snippets section, both of which contain many links to tutorials, demos, the reference, and more.

For your specific example, you should note that the programming language is case-sensitive, so names such as turf, icon, and icon_state are all lower case and therefore different from what you posted.

Cheers!
I'm using a phone so forgive me on the caps
I use my labtop to code so everything is lower case but it simply won't work but I will go somewhere with my labtop and try to find Internet

I would really like to create a great game and post it on byond for everyone to and thank u for ur help
We could take a look at the mining system together: I've got two objects, diamond & chunk—I want chunks to come out from the diamond when I click on it.

I've conceptualized this as: reprogramming the click function within my diamond, to generate a new chunk using a for loop.

Now I'm struggling to produce a popping sensation, cos I want my chunks to spawn randomly given a -32,32 radius.

But how :O