ID:2010836

When I attempt to launch the game through the server links on the website, a small box with Byond's logo will appear and stay for a moment before fading away. The program will continue to run in the background, but nothing will happen.

I just attempted to install today so I don't have the slightest idea as to what is wrong.
If you use Avast, be sure to add BYOND to the exceptions list and report the false positive.
I don't use Avast :/
As an update, when I reinstalled it the same black box appeared and just said 'loading games from hub' or something like that, it came too quickly. Then it just slowly faded into nothing with byond still running in the background.

It truly is unfortunate as I'd really looked forward to playing that space station game.
The pager has had problems with cases where the user data directory has special characters (like accents). If this is the case, moving that dir will help. If the pager doesn't open, you can change thr dir via your registry by going to HKCU/Software/Dantom/BYOND and changing the userpath value.