ID:2011076

Hello, sorry if some topic already exist, and sorry for my bad english.
Problem:
When Byond start (last version, 509, install it today and reboot comp), it's no "Games" in list, just continuous loading. (http://puu.sh/mhUoS.png)
And if i click on "Friends", Byond crash.
(google translate of the crash):
Event Name the problem: APPCRASH
   Application Name: byond.exe
   Application Version: 5.0.509.1318
   The time stamp applications: 567b120e
   The name of the module with an error: byondcore.dll
   Module Version error: 5.0.509.1318
   The time stamp module error: 567b10f7
   Exception code: c0000005
   Offset exceptions: 001e526c
   OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1
   Language code: 1049
(end)

I use Windows 7, haven't problem with Update kb372, and byond in Avast exeptions.
Please help, thank you in advance.
Same here, this bug appeared when i upgraded to win 10, and no solves as KB327, avast and other didnt helped me. Halp.
This has been a problem for several users with a Russian locale. (Japanese locales also, but that seems to be harder to fix.) Russian users have been able to solve this problem by moving the BYOND data directory.

Go to the Preferences menu, and find the Advanced tab. There, it should list the path where it's storing all of BYOND's user data. That'll be something like My Documents\BYOND, and the full path may look like C:\Users\MyName\My Documents\BYOND. The problem our Russian users have faced is that their names may contain Cyrillic characters, which confuse the heck out of the database code.

Once you're in that Preferences box, change your user path to something simple like C:\BYOND, which doesn't contain any Cyrillic characters. BYOND will move your files for you and the next time you start the pager, the problem should be resolved.
In response to Lummox JR
MAAAAAAAAANY thanks to you, good sir!
I figured out it did contain cyrillic character in path.
I hope OP wil read your post too.
Me too; I feel bad his post somehow slipped through the cracks. Glad this fixed it for you.