ID:2011350

(See the best response by Lummox JR.)
So, I installed byond and everytime I launch it, this happens.
http://prntscr.com/9lox5i
I have tried pretty much everything I can. Uninstalling it and reinstalling it, deleting the cfg files, using the zip version, using older versions and nothing seems to fix the problem.
I just wanna play some SS13 so I'd appreciate any help. Thanks.
Also, it's not just SS13, it's every game, and happens even when i just launch the byond.exe.
Make sure your Flash version for IE is updated, and if you have Avast make sure to add BYOND to the exceptions. Also, if you have Windows 10, uninstall the most recent Flash security update.
Updated flash for IE, still nothing happens, I don't have avast and I have windows 7. I just want to be a space cowboy.
Is IE itself up to date? Do you have any security software that could be tripping up Dream Seeker?
It's completely up to date, and my antivirus is MSE, which has never given me any problems with games. I also made sure my firewall allowed it. Also something curious, when updating flash, only a grey screen popped up, so I had to resort to the offline updater. Might help or not, just wanted to put it up. And yes, I double checked my IE flash was up to date.
(http://prntscr.com/9ltyu3)
So to be clear, byond.exe is coming up with a blank window? The only time anything like that has been an issue, it's been because IE itself is broken on the user's system. I would suggest perhaps an uninstall/reinstall of IE to see what happens, as sometimes that fixes such issues.

The Flash updater showing you a gray window is a good sign that IE is not embedding properly on your system.
So I tried to uninstall IE9, and Windows wouldn't let me, error, reverting update, blah blah, so I guess I'm pretty much screwed. Appreciate your help.

Last question though, is there any alternative to IE other than the buggy webclient, any workaround, anything that would let me be a space cowboy happily ever?

Thanks.
Best response
Wait, IE9? IE9 isn't current at all.

I'm also finding a wealth of topics in Google when searching for "how to reinstall ie11". Seems like one of those would show you an approach you haven't tried yet.
Long story short, I get an error everytime I try to install SP1 for Windows 7, can't use IE11 without SP1.
Right now I'm trying (and failing miserably) to manage to install SP1, and if I succeed I will proceed to install IE11 and let you know. (I doubt this'll happen, though)

Still, thank you for helping me find the probable cause of this bug. Maybe I can be a space cowboy in the future.
Service packs tend to get more and more important as time goes on. If SP1 isn't installing, it sounds like your system is in a really bad way. I'd pursue that aggressively, because that's going to impact more and more programs for you.