ID:2012992

(See the best response by Lummox JR.)
I know this isnt possible. Any chances or work arounds. Like if a player is in a totally different z plane then id rather him not load the details of other players that are in z planes indifferent to him.

From my knowledge byond automatically well sends everything to every user. And everything is shared. Even data that i dont want shared to anyone will be shared. Is this correct?

For example if i complete a quest and put it into some quest completed variable list. I may have designed my game so no one needs to know this info. And yet is it true that byond still shares the data with all players?

Is it possible to multi server each z plane to a different zone. Will that be complicated?

Best response
DanteVFenris wrote:
I know this isnt possible. Any chances or work arounds. Like if a player is in a totally different z plane then id rather him not load the details of other players that are in z planes indifferent to him.

Generally speaking, clients are not aware of anything on other z-levels. Not unless there's some setup that would allow it, like putting them in a statpanel or adding them to the HUD.

From my knowledge byond automatically well sends everything to every user. And everything is shared. Even data that i dont want shared to anyone will be shared. Is this correct?

No. The client is never sent a complete list of vars. What it is sent is info about the mob's existence (when in view range) and its current appearance.

For example if i complete a quest and put it into some quest completed variable list. I may have designed my game so no one needs to know this info. And yet is it true that byond still shares the data with all players?

This info would be known to the server only; it would never be sent to a client.

Is it possible to multi server each z plane to a different zone. Will that be complicated?

You can run as many servers as you like and transfer players between them. There is a certain level of complexity involved. But unless your game has more than a hundred players (realistically, often more than that), you don't need multiple servers.
In response to Lummox JR
okay thank you wasnt sure how byond managed all of this. some of this gives me peace of mind.