ID:2013092

(See the best response by Lummox JR.)
Has anyone else recently run into this problem?

People on the webclient are unable to use any of their verbs, or even see them. They never get the verbs and it just triggers my default Client/Command error message everytime

do mob/verbs work on the webclient anymore, or is it only client/verbs now in a recent update?

i'm not using any real custom code for webclients, just the default dream seeker webclient code. scratching my head as to why this stopped working.
Mob verbs should work. If you can send me a copy of the source I can take a look tomorrow; I'll be going over a number of webclient reports.

It's looking like I'll do another maintenance release for 509, as there are some good bug fixes ready to go in already.
Are you on the latest BYOND version? if not, check this
Best response
I actually found a bug yesterday that could be related to this, impacting cases when a mob's loc is null or an area. But I need a proper bug report on this and a project to test, in case there's something else I'm missing.
I'm trying to see if i can cull the source down to just the Login() code so that you don't have to go through bloat.

it's a text game, so the mob's loc is null most of the time.

you're requesting the source and it's a large project with 10 years of code in it. if you're okay with that i can send it but i'm doing the best i can to bring it down for you
The null loc thing was addressed in 1319, so take a look at that version to see if it takes care of this.
Aye, updating to 1319 fixed the issue

It seemed to be the loc=null thing causing it. Being one of the rare text games still alive on byond, it would probably explain how the bug slipped through.

thanks lummox