so supercall should be use or not be use?
the first thing in my default world/new() is:
    New()
log = file("error.txt")
..()
than all the otehr process calls
and now this is being spwam in the chat(with the world.log I had): 5.05678e+009 0
that must be the value but no sign of the text I put I think?
I did this:
    proc
check_exams()
set waitfor = 0
var/time = world.realtime
world.log << "check exams"
world.log << "[world.realtime] [next_genin_exam]"
while(1)
if(time>=next_genin_exam&&next_genin_exam) geninexam()
if(time>=next_chuunin_exam&&next_chuunin_exam) chuninexam()
sleep(10)
//
//and this:
var/time = world.realtime
stat("Exams Info: ")
stat("")
world.log << "[world.realtime] [next_genin_exam]"
var/genintime = next_genin_exam - time
var/chuunintime = next_chuunin_exam - time
stat("Time remaining until Genin Exam: [round(genintime/600)%60] minutes and [round(genintime/10)%60] seconds!")
stat("Time remaining until Chunin Exam:[round(chuunintime/36000)] hours, [round(chuunintime/600)%60] minutes and [round(chuunintime/10)%60] seconds! ")
//to see if the codes are working and the only things I got is the spam I sent to you
EDIT: If the debug text isn't showing up in New(), it's not being called. You need to figure out why your New() function isn't being called. Either you have a blocking function in there that's preventing it from completing, or you've got multiple overrides.
Spamming this: 5.05678e+009 0
Yeah, your variable declarations are never happening, so like I said, it's something to do with the New() function.

Again, this is part of the problem of starting from a codebase and not writing your own code --you don't know what's going on because you didn't write the code.
hmmm why does the proc called worked before and not now... should I search were all New() process are called?
should I search were all New() process are called?

Yes, but you need to understand overriding, blocking functions, and supercalls in order to fix this.

I'm not sure I'm willing to help you fix a leaked codebase, because that codebase is likely so broken that we'll be at this for months.

You should start fresh, like I said above and try to learn the fundamentals.
I understand what you're saying and I totally agree with it but do you mind if I still try to fix major things?
I understand what you're saying and I totally agree with it but do you mind if I still try to fix major things

Translation: I'm not interested in your advice, just your help.

Again, you need to learn the fundamentals. That's the only way you are going to get better. You can't just expect to do without understanding, and that codebase you are working in is a minefield of complications that are only going to slow down your progress. It's the last I can say on the subject. Good luck.
In response to Ter13
Ter13 wrote:
Translation: I'm not interested in your advice, just your help.

That the reverse of what I am thinking I like all your advice and I try to learn from them this is just that I really wanna try to learn the code base by seeing example that should not happen and I think it's me that create the overriding problem because my old timer code actually worked but when I added a beta key login system to my game I think that is when it stopped working and I think the code may not be as messy as I tought and may just need some refreshing because it is a very old code (2009-2010) I would very/Highly/Extremly appreciate if you could continue to help me do some little tweak and to learn the code base because I actually like the way you're saying things and I didnt want to offense you saying that I still want to try! and sorry for my bad english im from Quebec/Canada and here we mostly talk french!

In response to Ter13
and between can the oevrride be here:
world
New()
worldload()
//
var/list/betakeylist = list("")
var/list/betatesters = list("")
var/newkey = ""
//because as I see there's no supercall after the New() ..() can it be the issue?
In response to Ter13
omg it worked but it seems that it don't loop but it does not refresh every sec and it must be semi-fixed because it resfresh every like min or so(idk doesnt seems really constant) and the message from world.log arent shown but I think my beta key system really bugged a bit!
In response to Ter13
I did this:
world
New()
worldload()
..()
//and got the result I just says
In response to Ter13
I removed:
world
New()
worldload()
..()
//and added worldload() too default New()
New()
log = file("error.txt")
..()
worldload()
In response to Ter13
O worked but it doesnt refresh every sec it refresh every 60 seconds or so in the menu(Stat()) so It wasnt the source code it was still my code it seems
Page: 1 2 3 4 5