ID:2015203

Applies to:Dream Maker

Issue hasn't been assigned a status value.
I don't know how dumb this idea is but here goes

Inverse Bounding Boxes. If a bounding box has invert_bounds=1 then the part of their bounds that was unwalkable becomes walkable and the part that was walkable becomes unwalkable.

The purpose of this is to help with map bordering, so imagine there is a turf that represents the southwest corner of a border that the player can not cross and it has a bounding obj on top of it with these vars:
bound_x=10
bound_y=10
bound_width=22
bound_height=22

Normally this means there is now an L shaped area on the turf's icon that the player can walk on, and all the rest can not be walked on. But with inverse bounding boxes, it is that L shaped area that becomes UNWALKABLE, making it perfect to use as a southwest corner border of some kind on the map

I hope this was understandable. Thanks.
bounding boxes are by definition boxes.

There is no walkable part of an atom's bounding box. There is only the bounding box.
Personally, my suggestion would be to use invisible dense areas to prevent this from happening. You can bump things into pixel perfect configuration.

Just create a dense atom with some really obvious and noticeable semi-transparent icon, like a bright red at 50% opacity or something. Then just make sure that its invisibility is set to 101. Now you have an atom which is visible on the map editor, so you know where they are and can move them around, but is completely invisible in-game, as well as being impassable by mobs.