ID:2016909

Poll: Can a person create a game only using developers page without coding anything

Yes 19% (6)
No 51% (16)
He can develop the basic systems then continue 29% (9)

Login to vote.

I don't know if this post will be interesting or not but I'm bored so I was like why not spice things up lol / Lets go to the Main Point:

Do you think the developers page has reached the level that it has now many libs/demos that a person can create a game only using developers pages without coding anything?

In response to Zagros5000
Zagros5000 wrote:
http://www.byond.com/developer/Forum_account/ ActionRpgFramework

What does this have to do with anything?
I don't know why people are voting no, we don't even know the scale of the game he's referring too, you'd be able to make A GAME (it wouldn't be very exciting) using the resources alone.

EDIT
Sorry, you'd still have to edit it so they work together properly.
You can create a game where you press space-bar as many times as you can in 1 minute with just a few lines of code. =/
Ishuri wrote:
I don't know why people are voting no, we don't even know the scale of the game he's referring too, you'd be able to make A GAME (it wouldn't be very exciting) using the resources alone.

EDIT
Sorry, you'd still have to edit it so they work together properly.

Pretty much this. You can make a game using the resources provided, but you'd have to piece it together which would require you to program.

Lavenblade wrote:
You can create a game where you press space-bar as many times as you can in 1 minute with just a few lines of code. =/

But the question is, "Can a person create a game only using developers page without coding anything". Unless the demo/library comes that way, he'll have to program it in.
The Developers page is straight bullshit.
Yut Put wrote:
im sure its been done before

In response to Travylleb
What do you mean by this?
In response to LordAndrew
Almost everything is outdated, or poorly made.

A lot of the essential stuff are outdated that's for sure.
In response to LordAndrew
Deceiving motherfuckers who told me... oh all you gotta do is connect the library to your game and change the icon's state.. I tried creating a game using a library with no programmer... 40% have errors.. 80% won't live peacefully with other libraries because of errors. 100% isn't exactly what you want.

In response to Travylleb
Travylleb wrote:
Deceiving motherfuckers who told me... oh all you gotta do is connect the library to your game and change the icon's state.. I tried creating a game using a library with no programmer... 40% have errors.. 80% won't live peacefully with other libraries because of errors. 100% isn't exactly what you want.
You can't just mix a bunch of libraries together without making adjustments, genius. Libraries aren't meant to give you 100% exactly what you want.. you need to change it to fit your specific needs. God you're so stupid.

In response to GreatPirateEra
GreatPirateEra wrote:
Travylleb wrote:
You can't just mix a bunch of libraries together without making adjustments, genius. God you're so stupid.

Ter13 wrote:

Some libraries are plug and play, some are not. Some require small configurations, and then some I wouldn't even classify as a library, but more of a demo.

A good written library will not require much to setup, in my opinion. If it does, it should be straight forward.
In response to Travylleb
Travylleb wrote:

lol

In response to Kumorii
Travylleb wrote:

Yut Put wrote:
im sure its been done before

uninclude dat kaio lib yutput
In response to EmpirezTeam
That was the same reaction I had. You can't fix stupid.
In response to GreatPirateEra
GreatPirateEra wrote:

according to some people, if you try to fix stupid you're just being mean
In response to EmpirezTeam
EmpirezTeam wrote:
GreatPirateEra wrote:

according to some people, if you try to fix stupid you're just being mean

My teacher called me average. How mean.