ID:2017076

i've done everything i know of to try and fix this. when i try to uninstall, it says dream seeker is running and can't kill it. it's not running in task manager.
this only started happening when i updated.
It is running in Task Manager; you're looking at the wrong tab. Look at the process list and you'll see dreamseeker.exe is there.

If the process can't be killed, the most likely reason is that it's waiting on system resources. That means, most likely, you're using Avast and it's blocking Dream Seeker because they still haven't gotten their ducks in a row. You'll have to add the whole BYOND folder to your exceptions list in Avast and then report the false positive to them.
In response to Lummox JR
Lummox JR wrote:
It is running in Task Manager; you're looking at the wrong tab. Look at the process list and you'll see dreamseeker.exe is there.

If the process can't be killed, the most likely reason is that it's waiting on system resources. That means, most likely, you're using Avast and it's blocking Dream Seeker because they still haven't gotten their ducks in a row. You'll have to add the whole BYOND folder to your exceptions list in Avast and then report the false positive to them.

no, it's not there. i can assure you that it's not; i've looked, as i thought was evident in my first post.
i'm not running Avast, and anything else blocking it seems fairly slim as i haven't had this problem before.
The big question is, what still is running and what possible security software might account for the problem? This sort of thing is pretty much always the fault of AV/security software.