ID:2018106

Hello Readers! Within BYOND is back in 2016 (and perhaps more importantly, back to normal) with great updates from in-development games made with BYOND!

Interested in getting featured in Within BYOND? When your game or resource has reached a point where you're ready to share it with the world, contact me with information about your game, or share it with all of BYOND by forwarding development posts to the game updates subforum.

And to the players of the Multi-State Lottery, please keep us in mind if you happen to hit big on the 1.5 billion dollar Powerball jackpot ;) Now onto the mentions!

BYOND

Lummox JR showed some sample code demonstrating how to use regular expressions (often shortened to simply regex), a method of searching, new to BYOND and is officially in for version 510. Completing that, he is moving to the implantation of atom and plane grouping, an expansion of planes, which depreciated the special layers in 509.

And in case you have been having problems with BYOND crashing, a now-fixed Microsoft update may be to blame, more information and a fix can be found here.

BYOND Games

Poplava has shown an interest in creating board and table games as of late, producing the hardcore, dice-rolling, and extremely difficult Deadly Danger Dungeon, to which I almost made it past the second door. He has also produced the classic Solitaire recently, and is looking for users interested in seeing their custom board games go digital.

Byonamous published a short release featuring Arma Assault, A mecha shooter and action game. Only a handful of screenshots are available, and the game is in its early development phase, but he is currently looking for potential player's thoughts on what is missing from their favorite mecha games.

Invading Krumpus Resistance is a new RPG being developed by Sentinal01. Take part in the world as a barnyard animal, and take down Krumpus's forces to help save the holidays. The game is currently in rather early development, but it seems many of the basic systems are in, and there are a series of quests to be completed.

The team working on Land of Fire has shown off what they've been working on in their 5th and 6th devlogs. The fifth starts off with a 3x3 crafting grid demonstration, moving into smelting, and then combat and water techniques. Then in the sixth edition, their Japanese mythology and sandbox inspiration is discussed, buildings, weapons, and environment samples are shown, and concludes with a mention of how weapons are made, and how that knowledge is obtained.

Class specific skills remain the focus in the latest weekly editions of the Sigrogana Legend 2 update logs. Duelists and Curate classes have a handful of new skills with some adjustments. More font options have been made available for viewing pleasure, and complementary bug fixes have been included at no additional cost.

Feed had a brief update, fixing a bug that would wreak havoc when the game was inactive. The game anticipates celebrating its fifth anniversary this year, but with Kumorii fearing the wrath of the deities of poor-programming practices, who's to say what could happen between now and then.

Bravo1 has continued with the creation of Lux, releasing a video of the introduction sequence for the futuristic sidescroller. The pretty floating pixels may appear friendly, but there are many enemies that are not, such as the hazardous plants and spore monsters.

BYOND Resources

Whatever happened to the resource center I wonder..
Land of fire is going to be a great game i bet. Better fan it now.
good job with everything
didn't kno we list naruto games now.
In response to Ganite
minecraft*
they listed a dbz game not too long ago too
In response to Ganite
dude its not naruto its "An atmospheric, anime inspired shinobi role playing game set in a fictional world of Feudal Japan"
In response to Alienx26
and this is not the leaf gate and leaf village symbol on naruto

In response to Ganite
Someone's jealous
In response to Colesprite
Colesprite wrote:
Someone's jealous

@Ganite, u mad your DBZ game isn't listed?
In response to Ganite
Ganite wrote:
and this is not the leaf gate and leaf village symbol on naruto

Free advertisement, I can dig it.
Ganite 2 months ago: "Anime games should be listed equally with original games. This is unfair."

Anime game gets listed in the updates, Ganite is the first person complaining.

What does it take to entertain you, Ganite?
was just wondering. don't really care looks good though probably a game I would play if it wasn't RP. Wasn't hating or anything but yea.
In response to Ganite
Ganite wrote:
was just wondering. don't really care looks good though probably a game I would play if it wasn't RP. Wasn't hating or anything but yea.

The game is no longer purely RP, it is now complimented with PvP/PvE features. The combat in this game is intended to surpass any we have done in the past.
nice to hear,fanned.
In response to Ganite
i was being sarcastic if you didnt notice
Eff fan games and anything inspired by an anime, they're a plague to byond and they all need to disappear
In response to Zagros5000
Zagros5000 wrote:
Eff fan games and anything inspired by an anime, they're a plague to byond and they all need to disappear

Good to know your original games are playing a big part in BYOND's success.
Page: 1 2