ID:2018327

I have run into a problem recently with a jump verb.

Problem: jump works in all directions besides when im moving NW and SE

After spending hours and hours on it I switched the macro from space to 'm'(works for any none space key). And vola my character can now jump in all directions.

Is this a bug? Does space mess byond somehow?

I don't think it's spacebar that's the issue. Is the same issue coming up for other people? As in, it might be a hardware/software issue with your keyboard itself. The only other ideal I have is probably a code/macro issue or the map is losing focus when you press Up+Right or Down+Left.
Depending on your macro setup, my guess is this is likely a keyboard limitation. A typical keyboard only handles 2-3 keys at a time well, and it varies by which keys you use. I have a gaming keyboard that can handle 5.
I believe what Lummox JR is referring to is called "key ghosting" in the gaming keyboard world.

I agree, double check if it's a keyboard hardware/software limitation.
In response to Lummox JR
okay i assumed it may be a hardware side. I'm not too concerned to check. As in either way it means it's still not a good idea to do it.

I guess ill have to make the jump key something non standard
microsoft provides a good way to test your keyboard here: https://www.microsoft.com/appliedsciences/ KeyboardGhostingDemo.mspx
In response to Super Saiyan X
oh thank you its exactly that. for some reason if only when i press NW and SE while pressing space it doesnt work on that thing as well. yet NE and SW work just fine.

Which means i may eventually stick to aswd. Unless you guys think that this is in a very minour of the populas. But even than jumping is a pretty important thing in my game.

edit: Actually i may just put in both. Anyone want to tell me if they have the same keyboard limitations so i can get a small sample of how may would have the same problem?
If you're going to put in WASD, you should always do the arrows as well.
In response to DanteVFenris
DanteVFenris wrote:
edit: Actually i may just put in both. Anyone want to tell me if they have the same keyboard limitations so i can get a small sample of how may would have the same problem?

My very old keyboard I use--which is like a mechanical/membrane hybrid--has at most 5 keys. For games, I generally add in the feature for people to configure the key layout themselves; can't be rude to the handy-capped. Get it? I made a pun.

Anyways, as far as the issue goes, I would make the keys configurable for players so that if they can't use space, let them use another key instead.