ID:2021679

(See the best response by Ter13.)
If I have a verb under mob/player/verb/dothis() how can I set this for a map's resize command

http://workupload.com/file/rCLfiacy

I've tried various combinations to all lead to "unrecognized or inaccessible verb"

You would just enter the resize command as "dothis" (without quotes). If your verb had an underscore in its identifier, you would swap that with a hyphen (eg "mob/verb/Resize_Map()" would be called as "Resize-Map").

If that still doesn't work, verify that your mob is actually a /mob/player.
Thanks, there is a small problem still though. When I use the code:

winset(src, "default", "is-maximized = true")

To display the window to full screen, it says unrecognized or inaccessible verb when I login (if I delete this line of code it doesn' say so). After that, when I resize the map, it works fine though...
Does your skin have an on-size command hidden in it, which is calling a verb that isn't accessible? That would do it.

Also you should not use whitespace around the = in a winset.
The actual problem is I am trying, as long as the player logs in to set full screen, while map always have a on resize command. I override Login() as

Login()
..()
winset(src, "default", "is-maximized=true")

But, if map has a on resize command, that always causes unrecognized or inaccessible verb at login. Then, after getting this error, if I resize the map, all work fine (no previous error, verb works fine)
In response to Quadrillion
It has to do with the order in which things load. I suspect that your resizing command is defined under mobs, seeing as clients don't have a Login() proc.

Move the command under the client type and do your resizing in client/New(). You should be set after that.
It's the exact same now as well =( I use:

client
New()
..()
winset(src, "default", "is-maximized=true")
verb
test()
//do this and that
In response to FKI
FKI wrote:
It has to do with the order in which things load. I suspect that your resizing command is defined under mobs, seeing as clients don't have a Login() proc.

Move the command under the client type and do your resizing in client/New(). You should be set after that.

Nope! winset() in client/New is bad juju. You should always wait for Login().
So, how can I still fix this? 0:)
In response to Lummox JR
Had no idea. What's the reason behind that?

@Quadrillion: What about delaying the resize just a bit after the initial connection, have you tried that?
Best response
Nope! winset() in client/New is bad juju. You should always wait for Login().

I'm not 100% sure that's accurate

client/New() calls mob/login as part of its default action.

It's safe to use winset after the default action of client/New(), but only if you confirm that the default action has returned a mob. Pretty sure anyway.

client
New()
//winset is not safe here
. = ..()
//winset may not be safe here
if(.)
//winset is safe here
winset(src,"default","is-maximized=true")
In response to Ter13
Actually you make a good point. After ..() is called in client/New() I think it's valid.
Um, quite useful information about where winset should or should not be placed but that is a little offtopic as problem still exists. No matter where I place winset, if the map has a resize command, at login I always get "unrecognized or inaccessible verb". Then, after this if I try to resize the map everything works fine and verb is recognized/accessible. Only temporary and not so "nice" solution would be to delay the winset a bit like:

mob
player
Login()
..()
sleep(1)
winset...

which at run shows initial window size then full screens...
My gut tells me that this won't happen in a blank project.

I have the feeling that you are sleeping something important and it's causing something unusual to happen in the client setup process.
Basically the code that would cause unrecognized or inaccessible verb works for the default interface but under a custom interface I make with just a map and an output next to it it returns the previous problem of this post. Guess it's a matter of interface then? I'll have to look...