ID:2022018

(See the best response by Marekssj3.)
I seen a few example of how to make one npc talk and say something different from the next. However I'm wondering if there's a proper way to assign dialogue, stats, or whatnot to each individual mob of a type. For example, if I wanted to have three mob/a and one of them was the real deal while the other two were fakes, I would have that one say a certain dialogue. However I wouldn't want to assign based on position, but on the individual. So they can move around and be mixed up, but that certain dialogue be for that same mob/a.
Best response
Ash Abe Add wrote:
So they can move around and be mixed up, but that certain dialogue be for that same mob/a.

So you can do something like this.

(also you can add condition, for check mob name.. if(src.name=="Zochan") .... bla bla bla..)

or you can use pick() pocedure, and call it for mob in New() proc, for pick any messages from message list

var/list/msgList=list("Hi","Hit me","Bye")

mob/somemob
var/msg=""
New()
src.msg="[pick(msgList)]"
return
Click()
usr<<"[msg]"

Amazing! I have messed around with the icon's instance that way before, a long time ago. However I always felt weird about it. Sometime it felt like it didn't work the way that it should have. I don't recall what I did though. Thanks for the answer!