ID:2024193

Not a bug
BYOND Version:509
Operating System:Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Web Browser:Chrome 47.0.2526.111
Applies to:Space Station 13

This is not a bug. It may be an incorrect use of syntax or a limitation in the software. For further discussion on the matter, please consult the BYOND forums.
Descriptive Problem Summary: The game seems to consider single clicking as double clicking so for almost everything i have to double click (like for picking up items, closing the backpack using tools etc.) that makes impossible to me to drag or climb things, maybe because the game can't consider it as a mouse holding dunno, it's really annoying.

I use a Logitech G502 mouse.

Numbered Steps to Reproduce Problem: There are no steps to reporduce it always happens to me

Code Snippet (if applicable) to Reproduce Problem:

Expected Results:

Actual Results:

Does the problem occur:
Every time? Or how often? Always
In other games? No, just in SS13
In other user accounts? Don't Know
On other computers? Don't Know

When does the problem NOT occur? I tried redownloading the BYOND client but nothing, updating mouse driver but nothing, restarting windows resolve the problem but after some time it happens again.

Did the problem NOT occur in any earlier versions? If so, what was the last version that worked? (Visit http://www.byond.com/download/build to download old versions for testing.) It didn't worked.

Workarounds: The only one I know is the thing i wrote up here.
So you're saying single clicks are interpreted as double clicks?

A quick Google search for "logitech g502 double-click" indicates that the Logitech G502 is prone to this issue. I suggest you simply contact Logitech and get your mouse replaced.
Nadrew resolved issue (Not a bug)
Hardware issue specific to the person, not a BYOND bug.
I am having this exact same problem. How do you resolve it? I have a logitech G600. The game is requiring a double click for actions that normally require a single click. It also makes it impossible to open containers as you have to do the drag command twice in quick succession for the game to read it.
In response to Scykes
Scykes wrote:
I am having this exact same problem. How do you resolve it? I have a logitech G600. The game is requiring a double click for actions that normally require a single click. It also makes it impossible to open containers as you have to do the drag command twice in quick succession for the game to read it.

Do you have a dual monitor setup, and are you running BYOND on the secondary? I've found running BYOND on my secondary monitor does exactly what you describe.
ya, its not requiring a double click, the first click opens the window, but it opens off screen because of dual mon, then the second click repositions it.
In response to MrStonedOne
MrStonedOne wrote:
ya, its not requiring a double click, the first click opens the window, but it opens off screen because of dual mon, then the second click repositions it.

I've found that running it on my secondary monitor needs double clicks for *everything*, map clicks included; this isn't a window positioning issue.
hmm... that is odd.

lummox?
Nothing in the code that I'm aware of could account for this.
I'll do some more testing tomorrow, could possibly be a game code issue. I'll stick a bug report up if I can repro it in a test project.
Still having this issue. It temporarily fix by restarting windows but it's really annoying. Definitely a DS bug or a game code issue, plugging out/in my mouse still doesn't fix the bug.
In response to Alex180500
Alex180500 wrote:
Still having this issue. It temporarily fix by restarting windows but it's really annoying. Definitely a DS bug or a game code issue, plugging out/in my mouse still doesn't fix the bug.

No it is not a DS bug, because DS only operates based on what Windows tells it. A double-click only happens because DS has received the double-click message from the system, which means your mouse driver is failing you. The only possible place for this bug to occur is in code that BYOND has no control over, or in your mouse itself.

And it's obviously not a game code issue either, for the above reason plus the fact that rebooting your system temporarily solved it. The reboot fix alone proves that this is a system issue, absent all other information.

The verdict is in: it's either your hardware or a driver for it. Or, far less likely, something else in your Windows install that's interfering.