ID:2024208

Applies to:Dream Daemon

Issue hasn't been assigned a status value.
When passing an atom into missile(), it'd be awful nice if the server/client would detect changes to that object instance's appearance variable and send the changes to that object's appearance across the network. Bonus points if animated appearances would have effects.

missile() is actually pretty useful for smooth moving projectiles if you use missile() to display the visual-foo of the projectile while moving a second object behind it frame-by-frame to do hit detection.

It appears that the client does already inform us of updates to missiles' destination locations, so there is some logic that affects how missiles are updated.
This one might be a little tricky, because missiles send out an appearance only rather than an atom reference. On the client end they're nothing but an appearance, position, and destination. Syncing them to a source object would require some networking changes.

I may be a little too late-stage in 510 leading up to the release to shoehorn this concept in, I think, but I'll give it some thought. (Maybe at least I could have it send the object reference even if it's not used yet.)