ID:2025753

Not a bug
BYOND Version:510
Operating System:Windows 7 Pro 64-bit
Web Browser:Chrome 48.0.2564.82
Applies to:Dream Seeker

This is not a bug. It may be an incorrect use of syntax or a limitation in the software. For further discussion on the matter, please consult the BYOND forums.
Descriptive Problem Summary:
None of the click events are working in my latest project after upgrading to 510.

Click(), Drag, MouseDown, and etc aren't registering mouse events on images I have associated with objects. Known issue in 510?

Client() is registering clicks.
Lummox done good this time broke everything with 510 I'm guessing he didnt actually test the new things he added or edited for 510 xD
In response to Zasif
Zasif wrote:
Lummox done good this time broke everything with 510 I'm guessing he didnt actually test the new things he added or edited for 510 xD

I tested quite a bit, but lots of stuff shows up in bigger games that doesn't show up in smaller test projects. Plus this is just a beta, and the goal was to get the beta out to people right away. Patience.
Let me know if you need a repro. Hoping you can repro it easy enough before I spend time reducing the project down to a repro.
Actually, I just ran a number of other projects using similar functionality and they're working ok. Let me poke around some more. Something about this particular project is at fault.
Okay, cool. With a bug of this complexity I won't be getting to it till tomorrow anyway so if you can get something together that shows the issue, I'll be glad to take a look then.
Is this the same issue I messaged you about? Wasn't sure at the time if I was just doing it wrong or it was a bug.
No idea yet. I need a test case to look at.
I thought for sure I sent you one, hold on a few while I finish fiddling with it.
Oh, right, I do see code there. A full project would probably be more useful as I can simply run that quickly. I'll look into it tomorrow.
Yeah, thought I sent the project files to your mail but I never hit send.
Can confirm. As well, when modifying the transform of a plane master all mouse detection seems to stop.

Not sure if it's part of the same problem or not so I didn't want to make a new thread.
I'd make a new thread for the transform issue; I know why that's happening but it's definitely separate.
In response to Lummox JR
Lummox JR wrote:
I'd make a new thread for the transform issue; I know why that's happening but it's definitely separate.

Will do.
Nadrew, it turns out your issue actually does dovetail with Bravo's. However I'm not certain it's the same issue that PopLava was having, so I'm going to leave this open.
Confirmed the click event works in 509 but not in 510. I think it has something to do with the syntax in client/New().

repro files
Lummox JR resolved issue (Not a bug)
I found the issue, and it's not anything wrong with clicks. This is the HUD layering change in action. Your image is showing up below the HUD.

I recommend setting your HUD's plane to -1, which will make the issue go away. The next release will also allow the use of BACKGROUND_LAYER in topdown worlds, and that will work too. Making the screen controls HUD objects themselves is yet another (probably preferable) solution. A fourth solution is making the HUD mouse-transparent.
Can you elaborate some more? The layer was already set to -1 and the mouse_opacity needs to be opaque so drag operations work properly by always being under the mouse.

Also, why didn't you suggest the use of plane in this scenario? Is there a reason why I might not use it here?

screen += new /atom/movable {
name = ""
layer = -1#INF
//plane = -100
mouse_opacity = 2
screen_loc = "SOUTHWEST to NORTHEAST"
}
Page: 1 2