ID:2026062

Resolved
client.color was not correctly applied to PLANE_MASTER objects. (It is not meant to apply to objects grouped within the plane, but was supposed to apply to the final grouped image.)
BYOND Version:510.1320
Operating System:Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Web Browser:Firefox 44.0
Applies to:Dream Seeker

This issue has been resolved.
Descriptive Problem Summary:

Changing client.color does not affect anything that is affected by PLANE_MASTER.

As well, changing the color of a plane seems to do a similar job to client.color, but it doesn't handle icons with alpha layers or anti-aliasing via transforms.

The anti-aliased parts can be seen here, as they're left unmodified by the plane color. client.color affects these pixels properly

Numbered Steps to Reproduce Problem:

create a plane master and change client.color. Also, try leaving client.color alone and changing the plane master's color

Expected Results:

client.color affects everything visible, and plane master color changes behave the same way as client.color for a specific plane.

Actual Results:

client.color ignores planes with a plane master, and plane master color changes cause strange pixels to appear on the anti-aliased portions of images.

Does the problem occur:
Every time? Or how often?
Every time
In other games?
I would assume so
In other user accounts?
Yes
On other computers?
Yes

I can check into the client.color thing, but I might need a test case for the antialiasing.
I can't seem to replicate the AA issue outside of the game, which is kind of weird. I'll keep trying though.
The AA thing could potentially be related to an issue Reformist reported, but I'll find out more.
Point of clarification here: Are you saying that client.color doesn't impact the plane master, or that it doesn't impact the icons that are on that plane?

The latter is actually intended behavior; client.color can only impact top-level icons and a plane master effectively becomes the parent of everything else on the plane. But the plane master itself should be subject to client.color unless its flags say otherwise.
Point of clarification here: Are you saying that client.color doesn't impact the plane master, or that it doesn't impact the icons that are on that plane?

It doesn't impact icons that are on the plane.

For example, if I have a blue house, and I set client color to red, it looks purple.

If I create a plane master on the same plane as the house, it turns blue again and acts as though NO_CLIENT_COLOR is on.

If this is intended then I'm wondering: How would developers go about changing the color of all planes at once in the way that client.color effected everything the client could see before planes or plane master?
Lummox JR resolved issue with message:
client.color was not correctly applied to PLANE_MASTER objects. (It is not meant to apply to objects grouped within the plane, but was supposed to apply to the final grouped image.)