ID:2028884

Working on some items and such for a game. Been a while since I've done actual pixel art. DB32 pallet. A few jaggies, the contrast is a bit off, and I really haven't quite decided on outlining yet. I do enjoy making 32x32 pixel art though.

A couple more and edited the crown and sword a bit. Dont like the perspective on the gem yet.
The gem somehow feels soft and rounded. I think this has to do with how you've drawn the specular reflections and the way the perspective works with the specific line slopes you've chosen.

Here's my take on your gem.
In response to D4RK3 54B3R
D4RK3 54B3R wrote:
The gem somehow feels soft and rounded. I think this has to do with how you've drawn the specular reflections and the way the perspective works with the specific line slopes you've chosen.

Man draws a gem
It's a little bit too rounded on the edges
D4RK3 54B3R:
WELL YOU SEE HERE IT'S ALL A QUESTION OF LIGHTING LIGHTING LIGHTING.
In response to D4RK3 54B3R
D4RK3 54B3R wrote:

Here's my take on your gem.

Yeah, that's better. I was trying to avoid using all the 45 degree angles, but at 32x32 and a transparent background it's tough to get away from if you want straight looking lines. The lighting is definitely better as well. Thanks, I'll mess with mine a bit more this afternoon.

In response to Flick
If you rotate the gem 45 degrees, the edge becomes mostly straight lines.

[insert proof of concept here]
I think the gem is better (Thanks D4RK3 :) Working on a shield.
Yut Put wrote:
you should use reference for the shield

You are literally the worst game developer on this site because all you do is copy existing games.

Looking super cute there Flick. The pixel art is good too.
I should use reference for everything ;). I'm bad about just winging it. I'll work on it tomorrow.

In response to Ter13
Ter13 wrote:
Looking super cute there Flick.

Thanks, I got a new dress.

The pixel art is good too.

It's coming along. Been a while since I pixelled a bunch of little stuff. I enjoy it. I am having some issues getting red to work out with DB32. One red, a pink, and some browns and purples. It's taking me a while to get them to play nice together.

Flick, whilst I've got your attention, go update Particons to use the latest version of Kaiochao's mouse library. It's broken at the moment.
In response to Rushnut
Rushnut wrote:
Flick, whilst I've got your attention, go update Particons to use the latest version of Kaiochao's mouse library. It's broken at the moment.

Fixed it. Sorry that took so long.

Looked up some references for the shield. Its a bit better though I'm still not entirely happy with it.

In response to Flick
The problem with shields is that they cum in many shapes and sizes U.U. What i'm trying to say is make it shoot flames. Flames always make things look awesome.

Edit: Can't tell if ter is being serious or quoting.
In response to Ghost of ET
Ghost of ET wrote:
Edit: Can't tell if ter is being serious or quoting.

He was quoting.
In response to Kumorii
Oh okay XD.
Working on some terrain tiles.
Added a pick and redid the wings.
Redid the wings a bit again. They were a little too blue. Also added a little bridge to go over the rivers.
Not sure I like the contrast between clear pixel art and what almost looks like vector art for the grass. Just looks... weird. The grass looks too... uhh... Angry Birds.
Yeah, at the moment the grass is just vector art ripped out of Mano a Mano. I'll fix it, I was mainly working on the transitions.
Page: 1 2 3