ID:2028960

Code:
Problem description:
I've tried several different types or codes trying to figure out how to make step on warpers with Forum_Accounts Pixel Movement Library ( http://www.byond.com/developer/forum_account/pixelmovement ) even online from older topics on the forums but still came up short. I searched through the reference DM (since on a side note it didn't seem to update to the topics in help on) and still came out short. I figured someone that's more experienced then I am could point me in the right direction on what I am missing.The current one I am using I know works on a tile movement system but that doesn't really help me out here.

obj/Teleporter
var/goto_x
var/goto_y
var/goto_z
Crossed()
usr.loc = locate(goto_x,goto_y,goto_z)

I can't see anything immediately wrong with that, though I'm not sure Crossed() uses usr? I honestly don't know, lol, to be safe, try something like this.

obj/Teleporter
var/goto_x = 5
var/goto_y = 5
var/goto_z = 1
Crossed(atom/movable/A)
.=..() //? Unsure if this returns anything but best to be safe
A.loc = locate(goto_x,goto_y,goto_z)
In response to Rushnut
From the other project I got the above teleport code it was
Cross()
not crossed I wonder why I changed it but that didn't seem to work either (@the above example)
Cross() is called when something ATTEMPTS to overlap something else, whereas Crossed() is called if Cross() says "Ok, you can pass".

Perhaps you'll want to use Cross() depending on what you want to be dense.
Neither seems to call with the library I am attempting to use. I tried enter and entered as well, along with if your x,y,z=its x,y,z to attempt a warp but nothing I tried would get me to the next map.
Don't use Forum_Account's pixel movement. It completely overrides the default movement behavior, which is why Crossed()/Cross() don't work.

Forum_Account's code isn't itself bad, but it used several naive assumptions that led him to believe that the native implementation was wholly inadequate, so he completely undid quite a lot of nice things that BYOND does for you.
In response to Ter13
I see. Is there a different pixel movement lib or guide even out there?
Pixel movement is built into the engine by default! You don't need a library to use it at all.

What do you want to know that's not in the developer reference?
In response to Ter13
I guess I will have to dig through the developer reference before continuing the topic I feel as if either the last time I looked through it it wasn't there (Back in like 09? Before I started programming) or didn't pay enough attention due to not knowing what pixel movement was until more recently years.