ID:2031362

This is my first time signing after a month and that's only because I'm at my wife's fathers house on the WiFi.

Using my phones connection alone, whenever I try to log onto BYOND, it just immediately sends me back to the home page and whenever I try to login again afterwards it'll just keep refreshing the home page. Ideas anyone?
BYOND isnt ment for mobile usage :V!
Xorbah wrote:
This is my first time signing after a month and that's only because I'm at my wife's fathers house on the WiFi.

Using my phones connection alone, whenever I try to log onto BYOND, it just immediately sends me back to the home page and whenever I try to login again afterwards it'll just keep refreshing the home page. Ideas anyone?

If you are using Chrome on Android, there is a bug in Chrome's Data Saver proxy, turn that off.
Is that in settings?

EDIT - It is off, so that isn't the issue.
Yup, settings, "Data Saver", it's near the bottom.
Clear your cookies?
did you try turning it off and turning it back on?
I had the same problem when I travelled but then when I returned it worked it's probably because the Internet connection is bad
Can't afford net?
It keeps login me out whenever I change my network. Changing WiFi network, switching to mobile data, switching from mobile data to WiFi, you name it.
In response to GreatPirateEra
GreatPirateEra wrote:
It keeps login me out whenever I change my network. Changing WiFi network, switching to mobile data, switching from mobile data to WiFi, you name it.

I asked Lummox about this before - this is apparently expected behavior with the way logins are handled now.
In response to Super Saiyan X
Super Saiyan X wrote:
GreatPirateEra wrote:

I asked Lummox about this before - this is apparently expected behavior with the way logins are handled now.

If it's the expected behavior he should remove the "Keep me signed in" checkbox since it's really, really annoying when I check it and it NEVER keeps me logged in anymore. I can close the browser, open it back up and I'm logged out.

Would very much appreciate/prefer it being fixed, though.
The only thing known to cause this is either the browser having trouble with cookies, or your IP changing, which will invalidate your login.
I also get the same issues "keep me logged in" does not keep the user logged in on IP change. Switching to WiFi and mobile it will prompt me to login again.

It is extremely frustrating when you use three devices and have to login again when you've logged in on another device or the IP has changed..
The IP thing is a required deal according to Lummox, there were too many holes in the previous authentication setups. I'm fine with it if it means security, I get logged out every so often too and brought it up with Lummox.
In response to Nadrew
That's fair enough, however, Facebook doesn't even log you out with an IP change.

If I wanted to get logged out every time I visit I might as well not bother with the remember me button at or it shouldn't even be there in the first place if it's not going to do its job in the first place.