ID:2032277

Trying to have a tutorial area for novice players which will have the users mob and 2 other mobs, will be tight controlled area, and I might just surrond them with trees.

Either way I need The player to have access to their verbs and move around and stuff so using images seems pretty impossible.

So here are the two routes I could see myself going down

1.)Strange Hybrid Hack Code
Using the see_invisible var I do some weird shit, and also make people unable to collide with things that they cant see.

2.)Create a new instance of the tutorial area clone it on the map, so each user gets there own area, this is probably the most straight forward but also resource intesive. If a player joins a lot of server power will be used on, when a percentage of players wont even go further than that. Additionally what if the map is all filled up, somehow 50 players all start to play at the same time?

As I started to type out #1 it just doesn't even feel like it would work.

Does anyone have some guidance for me?
You can easily use invisibility for this, combined with a sight setting of SEE_SELF.

Toss in some simple variable checking in Move() on some non-dense mobs to handle collisions and you should be pretty set.
Nadrew is definitely on point for this one, as always.

As far as instancing, I went through Lummox's swapMap libraries and gave it some extra checks to let the processor breathe and it seemed to load relatively fast with no bottlenecking on a 50 player server, so instancing really isn't as CPU intensive as people make it out to be.