Lighting Test

by Nadrew
Just a quick dynamic lighting test. (Requires version 510.1321+)
You're going to have to be a lot more specific than "wrong value" here.
well im not quite sure
turf
DblClick(location,control,params)
usr.loc=src
var/list/parameters = params2list(params)
var/icon_x = text2num(parameters["icon-x"])
var/icon_y = text2num(parameters["icon-y"])
world<<icon_x
world<<icon_y
usr.step_x=icon_x-usr.bound_width/2-usr.bound_x
usr.step_y=icon_y-usr.bound_height/2-usr.bound_y

normally it would return a value between 1-32 for the icon_x and icon_y but when you add the darkness plane it returns numbers way bigger even reaching up to 300
I have to wonder if mouse_opacity isn't coming into account properly, you might want to boil it down to a simple test case and post a bug report.
well ignoring the icon-y and x it does set the location properly so i dont think it's that
Again, sounds like a bug in the icon-x and icon-y of the plane bleeding through when it shouldn't, there have been similar issues that have been fixed elsewhere. Best to make a report.
i dont have nearly enough knowledge of this stuff, i only just started looking at planes and appearance flags, to know whats happening to make a bug report but i made a simple test case using ur demo if ur interested in reporting it:P

turf
DblClick(location,control,params)
usr.loc=src
var/list/parameters = params2list(params)
var/icon_x = text2num(parameters["icon-x"])
var/icon_y = text2num(parameters["icon-y"])
world<<"icon-x value: [icon_x] icon-y value: [icon_y]"
usr.step_x=icon_x-usr.bound_width/2-usr.bound_x
usr.step_y=icon_y-usr.bound_height/2-usr.bound_y
master_plane
plane = 0
appearance_flags = PLANE_MASTER //-- causes the issue
mouse_opacity = 0
mob
var
master_plane/master_plane
Login()
..()
master_plane = new(loc=src)
src << master_plane
Not sure if this is intended behavior but when i added the appearance flag keep together to the player the planes would completely mess up and the darkness doesn't even become visible + opacity turns white. if its intended this is really shitty

i assumed, and it said, that only the mobs overlays were suppose to be kept together

nvm lol still learnin here
Page: 1 2